Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Could you please answer few of my questions?

Some intro: I have an opportunity to buy a pair of nice 8" toy axles from Land Cruiser-70 (they're same as on trucks) with 4.625 r&p's. Now I have stock axles with 4.16 kit in t-case and it seems enough for my trail ride conditions. After some calculations I found that with lower r&p's in Toy axles I'll be capable to use 39" wheels without loss of torque comparing on my current setup. I plan to use 36-37" wheels and it looks like your setup.

Questions are:
1. What clearance do you have under your axles' pumpkins?
2. What r&p's are in your axles?
3. What's backspacing of your wheels?

I'm also thinking about installing coil suspension - those axles are from coil-suspended Toy!

Thank you very much!

Andrey

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
A little over 12 inches under the diffs with 37 MTRs at 4 psi. I run 5.29s, but remember there is not high range reduction with the toy tcs in my rig.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
I weighed it once, but cant remember the exact weight but it is around 2500-2600. There isnt a lot of left!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
If I may add something........

Just a thought, the stock Zuki T-case and 39" tires(heavy), will it hold up?

I know it will work fine with the Toy axles(you wont regret that purchase or swap, and coiled to!:cool: )

I would say do it, but keep an eye on the condition of the t-case if you hammer it alot.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: If I may add something........

Orionn said:
Just a thought, the stock Zuki T-case and 39" tires(heavy), will it hold up?

I know it will work fine with the Toy axles(you wont regret that purchase or swap, and coiled to!:cool: )

I would say do it, but keep an eye on the condition of the t-case if you hammer it alot.
Sure. I want to use 37s - Toy axles won't hold up 39s even under such a light rig.

Andrey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts