Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am needing to clean the carbon deposits out of one of the engines on one of my trucks.
I wanted to see what people have to say about sea foam.
Also have been told about just putting water down the intake.
Also have been told I have to take off the cat, because it will get cloged with all the junk that comes out. (although, since it is a welded on cat, and I only have a stick welder, it may be a problem).

Anything else that I should look at that may help me with this, or the high compression PSI of the engine?

Thanks

Garrett

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
I have used Seafoam for years with my Kohler and Briggs motors to winterize of Summerize them for long periods of non-use.

Because of it, I have gone YEARS without a carb rebuild in engines that others have had to rebuild more often.

I did "Clean" a Cruiser carb with it once and it seemed to work well.

Try it, I am sold on its quality.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I've used it, and it seems to work.

I mostly use GM top engine cleaner.

·
Registered
92 Posts
An old hot rod builder I know swears by that. Pours it in everything from day one, diesels and gas. Seems to work really well for him.

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
my old jeep was running like crap and I did everything to it, finally tried seaform and it purred after that..

half in gas, half in water

·
no strings on me
4,122 Posts
Its great stuff. It does its job.

Make sure you are in a well ventilated place because it makes a LOT of smoke if you have carbon buildup.

I ran it thru my original 1973, 95K mile IH SII engine. Tons of white smoke....but it ran a lot better afterwards.

Its like Marvel Mystery Oil.....it works.

·
Registered
417 Posts
My favorite is BG44k. It works wonders.

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
I've found it at napa and southern auto.

NOTE: DO NOT POUR DOWN THE INTAKE OF A DIESEL!!!
This will cause a runaway.
-John

·
Registered
973 Posts
I have been using JB Blaster from the same company that makes PB Blaster ("Weasel Piss") the killer rust break free stuff. It works good, now i have to try the SeaFoam stuff and see about it.

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
The Fleckster said:
I have been using JB Blaster from the same company that makes PB Blaster ("Weasel Piss") the killer rust break free stuff. It works good, now i have to try the SeaFoam stuff and see about it.
Used to swear on the blaster stuff until I got my first bottle of Sea Foam.

Sea Foam is the BEST I have used.

·
Registered
385 Posts
We use SeaFoam at the shop I work at. It works great. Never had any kind of problems. Plus its cheap

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
The carbon woln't come out as particulates, but will be burnt out. Now, I would worry about the junk burning it will make messing up the cat, but I doubt it'll plug it.
-John

·
Registered
224 Posts
The Fleckster said:
Useless tidbit...

Justice Brothers does NOT make PB Blaster even though it says they do right on the PB Blaster can. I can verify this with our distributor if you'd like...

Seafoam is fun, head to your local mall parking lot and do it on a busy day :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts