Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
I'm planning on welding the top shut and running a vent line and filler line with a sealable cap.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Chris Geiger said:
They come as part of the Howe steering system that we sell, but I think they might sell them separately. Give them a call.
Chris, any idea what they mean by saying: TC-pump--?

is that a Toyota ps pump?

--Sherpa

·
Premium Member
30,413 Posts
SHERPA said:

Chris, any idea what they mean by saying: TC-pump--?

is that a Toyota ps pump?

--Sherpa
it is the style of pump that howe uses. basically a gm remote resivoir pump that has been modified for AN fittings and higher pressure and flow than a stock pump.

look back at chris picture. that is the TC pump

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Camo,
thanks for that info.

another quesiton:

does the shaft of that p/s pump (gm remote resevoir) go all the

way thru the pump assy? (as in: does the "aft" end of that

pump shaft stick out past the end of the pump housing?

--And, Camo, when you say "modified for AN fittings", do

you mean those screw-in adapters I can see in the pics?

--is that all that is required to run AN fittings?

--Sherpa

thanks.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
My neighbor owns a shop that makes rack and pinions for a lot of race teams. His shop is called Appleton power rack and pinion, in Minooka Illinois.

He makes a remote resevoir similar to the Howe setup except the tank body is made of extruded aluminum with fins all around for additional cooling. It has the same spin on filter on the bottom. It's just a little shorter than the Howe setup. I think his retail price is $130. I can post his number is anyone is interested. I'm running one on my YJ and love it. Maybe he'll run a special?

·
Registered
7,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lt1yj said:
My neighbor owns a shop that makes rack and pinions for a lot of race teams. His shop is called Appleton power rack and pinion, in Minooka Illinois.

He makes a remote resevoir similar to the Howe setup except the tank body is made of extruded aluminum with fins all around for additional cooling. It has the same spin on filter on the bottom. It's just a little shorter than the Howe setup. I think his retail price is $130. I can post his number is anyone is interested. I'm running one on my YJ and love it. Maybe he'll run a special?
Yes please post!!

ANd post a pic too!

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Look in summit or I have had good luck with day motorsports, the gm pump is "good" to a point. You can get brand new aftermarket pump usually kirker(?) or like RCR high vol, alum pump with simple mounting bracket, remote resavour, and an fitting etc... sounds exspensive but its all new and simple to hook up.... once you start playing with AN stuff you wonder why the rest of the world has to be so difficult.... Then you can go zany with the coolers, remout mounts etc....

They have this kit on sale for ~$230 ish summit also has similer pricing.... some of the kits even come with the AN adapters to fit the GM 16/18mm o-ring -> AN then ~$30 for some an-6 hose and your all hooked up with off the self quality parts.... Id dump the large pully though :)

-yag

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Hey Rude, I just checked, and the filter+ head actually holds 1 full quart .

The head has 3/4" NPTF ports, and has a port for a pressure indicator(The indicator is included for the $25 price) that lets you know when the filter is needing to be changed.

The filter has a 10 micron element.

Thanks for the order Shane.

Sean

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.