Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are rear shoulder mounts on the back bar of the roll cage, 1.75" .120 wall HREW. I am a newb welder.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a '79 CJ5 I recently acquired. I added the rear half of the cage and rewelded a lot of the front cage. I don't have the rear seat in right now.

·
Debauchery Wizard
9,852 Posts
when your newb welds fail and you die....can i get that jeep?:flipoff2:

Looks very decent. But beware, someone WILL tell you

needs more triangulation!!!

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
i hope your keeping the color on that jeep? if you make some bushings to hold your tabs out and your bolt for the belt in the middle they would be alot stronger with not to much more work.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when your newb welds fail and you die....can i get that jeep?:flipoff2:

Looks very decent. But beware, someone WILL tell you

needs more triangulation!!!

:D :D :D

I can't believe everyone has been nice to me.

i hope your keeping the color on that jeep? if you make some bushings to hold your tabs out and your bolt for the belt in the middle they would be alot stronger with not to much more work.

Thanks for that GREAT idea! I will use it. I am keeping the color, for now...

·
Registered
905 Posts
I like the big inflatable dog in the second picture of your first post, i have waiting to go in my rig too :D

The welds look pretty damn good, i wouldnt be afraid to die because of them, although i dont know what kinda driver you are :eek:

Sam :dustin:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
those colors are gay-tastic :flipoff2:
That is the rude type of post I was expecting. :flipoff2:

I like the big inflatable dog in the second picture of your first post, i have waiting to go in my rig too :D

The welds look pretty damn good, i wouldnt be afraid to die because of them, although i dont know what kinda driver you are :eek:

Sam :dustin:
What color dog is yours, mine also hooks to the garden hose.

·
Registered
905 Posts
What color dog is yours, mine also hooks to the garden hose.
Haha i dont actaully have a dog like that (though i might get one as a life saving device if i flood my rig :laughing:). The only dogs ive got are 2 labs (they are real) and they eat the garden hose so its close :D/

Sam

·
Debauchery Wizard
9,852 Posts
well, since nobody said it and i mentioned it, More triangulation would be beneficial. strong welds don't mean shite if the tubes will bend.SEARCH cage construction and get some idea's

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well, since nobody said it and i mentioned it, More triangulation would be beneficial. strong welds don't mean shite if the tubes will bend.SEARCH cage construction and get some idea's

I see some triangles. :) I think it should be fine for mild wheeling.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
on simple flops ,it won't bend.................are there plates on the under side of the cage plates?
welds look good
the second photo is very surreal.............

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
on simple flops ,it won't bend.................are there plates on the under side of the cage plates?
welds look good
the second photo is very surreal.............

Yes, they are plated underneath. I don't plan on taking my kids on exteme trails, so if we do flop it will be mild. :D

·
Registered
14,711 Posts
those colors are gay-tastic :flipoff2:
not that i give a rats ass, but the rules for this section pertain to your flame post. he posted in newb, not hardcore. and he was asking about a safety concern, which is applauded by me so flame someone who's bragging about how cool their gay rig is. and btw, ZJSAMPLE, your cage and tabs look fine for the type of wheeling you described. if you do decide to step it up a notch on the trails, add some tube. befriend a local "weekend" fabricator to get some tips.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
you should add some grab bars for the kiddies to hang on to,and make them use them

1 - 20 of 28 Posts