Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some seats out of a 90 Honda Prelude seats and I was wondering if anybody knew if they would fit like the late 80s do? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Thats whats in my Zuki.....I love them!

they mount a bit different. you will be able to mount the outside of the tracks in the stock-ish location, but the inside near the tunnle area will need its own post and bolt thrue the floor to make it work. thats how mine is right now, untill I get the cage in then the mounts go to the cage.

good luck, you will love the seats :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you tell me how you mounted them because I just dont see it happening. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Hey I just put some seats in mine this weekend. It looked like rats and mice had a blast living in my old ones.

I picked up some seats from a local yard (ford probe I believe)
They mounted flat . I thought about mounting the seats in the stock location using the raised up mounts. I made it simple and just cut out the stock seat mounts in the sammi . I then had a flat area to work with and drilled 4 holes and walla ,seats installed and ready to roll. It took me about 2 hours to remove old one,cut out mounts and put new ones in.

I am a little concerned about the strength of the floor in the ZUk. I put big washers on the bottom side but think that I may make a plate underneath for support.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I am swaping in a BMW seat out of a 94 325i I had (mmm bmw leather), I have to make different mounts and am making a 1/4" plate underneith the seat area, Just dont trust the sheet metal to hold the seat and me either.
Are you guys using different seat belts(harness's...) or are you leaving the stock seat belt in there and not using the ones that are on the seats?

·
Registered
155 Posts
seats

USE BARSTOCK. If the mounting position isn't perfect. MAKE IT work. I am running Summit race seats and thats what i did. it cost approximately $20 in bar stock and 2hours worht of my time .:rolleyes:.... jeez... i thought this was the extreme board where you guys made new engine blocks out of jb weld.:D :flipoff2: :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts