Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's a first look at a Scout I have been working on for a while to be a winter wheeler. Story is the fellow that had it, had 3/4 ton axles under it and then wanted to build a larger rig for a growing family. So he pulled the axles and sold it to me for 1200.00 bones. Stats as I bought it were, rebuilt 345, headers, t-19 wide dana 20 with a three to one kit, 3" body lift:eek:It had the axles removed and I had a set of CUCV axles (D60 frt and 14 bolt with a Detroit locker) in my stash for just such a need:flipoff2: The Scout was cut good for 38"s, I cut the shit out of it for 40"s with the only lift comming from SOA. The Scout had a cage in it but I reworked it to fit a terra top:smokin: The cage has the sides by the dash made from some heavy plate, I think I read about one of the venders doing this so the door are more funtional. I had a truck from work we were converting back to gas so I robbed the 25 gal tank for the back of the Scout should fit nicely between the trailer fenders I just installed for wheel tubs. Plans are to run 40"s with not much lift to handle snow wheeling (rev limiter and point, stomp the skinny pedal). Flame on heres your first look.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's the tubs I came up with, they are the largest trailer fenders I could get. 53 bucks and then a plaz and welder good deal, should have no issues with the tire clearance thing. I still need to spray the tubs with paint or bedliner junk.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This Scout came from Tex. no rust, I thought it was to bad it was cut sooo much. I cut it way more to insure tire will clear. here's the roll cage set up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last for now the traction bar I came up with, I know that cobbing the skinny pedal with 40" tires will kill the springs:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,180 Posts
Id like to see some pics of what you end up doing with the radiator support, looks like it will be a low rider.....relatively speaking

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Come on Ugly I been doing Terra tops for a while:smokin: Check my SSII, Chi the guy that had the Scout looks like he redrilled the radiator mounting straps. I am taking out the body lift so I will be reworking the mounts. I have a Radiator Shop here in town so I will get that right anyway:homer: Check out the hood hinges in the first picture, Gate hinges very gay but I am thinking about a pinch on the nose.

·
Registered
Scout/XJ/Toy all sold
2,200 Posts
I'm jealous:smokin: Wish I could find a deal like that around here, I'd just throw some D44's under it and wheel the piss outta it

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nice scout im not going that far with a saw im only going to run 37's so with the new springs im getting & a little trimming they should fit nice.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Nice scout im not going that far with a saw im only going to run 37's so with the new springs im getting & a little trimming they should fit nice.
You'll need more than a little trimming - unless your springs are so stiff you don't have to lower your bump stops a mile.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well snow Scout get some updates, got the axles all installed. Shock mounts done, and the cage all squared away. pictures or it didn't happen:flipoff2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK picture of the cage upgrades, and lastly Snow Scout as it sits right now. Need to get the thing buttoned up, I mean its on jack stands:flipoff2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,180 Posts
Those wheels will never work I suggest you ship them to me right away, I will give you what you paid for them because I am a nice guy and want to help:flipoff2:

Seriously though, what a great score:beer:. Was it a one shot deal or do you have a line on more?

1 - 20 of 360 Posts