·
Change is good.
35,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Change is good.
35,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I thought the 21.75" measurement being the magical barrell length regardless of caliber was an interesting point. Doesn't make sense to me if it's a harmonics thing, as different twists, velocities, and bullet weights should all affect that.

·
Change is good.
35,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Link isn't working for me
I'm having 404 user errors today. Thank God they're not really counting on me to do much tonight.

How 'bout it Robert, what do you think of that article?

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
I'm having 404 user errors today. Thank God they're not really counting on me to do much tonight.

How 'bout it Robert, what do you think of that article?
It's been years since I've read it and didn't even click on it this evening.

I'm a little suspicious of the "perfect" barrel length. That is the one thing I remember taking away from it. One day, I will have a 100 yard underground test tunnel.....

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
It's been years since I've read it and didn't even click on it this evening.

I'm a little suspicious of the "perfect" barrel length. That is the one thing I remember taking away from it. One day, I will have a 100 yard underground test tunnel.....
What diameter is good enough? I would imagine that a good filtration system would be needed as well.

·
Change is good.
35,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What diameter is good enough? I would imagine that a good filtration system would be needed as well.
Read the article, they talk about underground shooting tunnels, vs. the Houston Warehouse.

·
Premium Member
5,557 Posts
I enjoyed reading that paper when I first found it. I'll read it again soon.
If you liked the Houston Warehouse story, download "the bullet's flight from powder to target" by F.W. Mann. I really enjoyed it.

·
Change is good.
35,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I enjoyed reading that paper when I first found it. I'll read it again soon.
If you liked the Houston Warehouse story, download "the bullet's flight from powder to target" by F.W. Mann. I really enjoyed it.
Will do, thx.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts