1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I was checking out the same 40 last night, its clean, the hub caps cought my eye :)

I am sure I have a set of seats just like that, not sure where they came from.

and heck its better then nuttin :D

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I thought the early seats were long and did not fit with the bar? Those look to me like much later jump seats retrofitted.

·
Registered
697 Posts
The seats in the pic are from a 78 on fj40. the seat that 65swb45 is talking about is the front BENCH SEAT.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Capt. Obvious here needs more coffee! Doh!

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Oh................like this

45 seats do that..........don't they?

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Landpimp said:
45 seats do that..........don't they?
I was going to mention the same thing. My Fj45 passenger seat looks exactly like the one in the FJ40. DS different, but my passenger seat in the FJ45PU folds down nearly flat, just like that...

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
don't thiik mine have the metal on the back, but I have had covers on for years.....maybe they do. 45 seat bottoms are a bit different with the cut out for the fuel filler....or something.

cruiserbrett said:
I was going to mention the same thing. My Fj45 passenger seat looks exactly like the one in the FJ40. DS different, but my passenger seat in the FJ45PU folds down nearly flat, just like that...

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
anyone have any theories as to why every other 40 series bezel that ever gets removed gets turned upside down on reinstallation? :shaking:

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Chemical442 said:
anyone have any theories as to why every other 40 series bezel that ever gets removed gets turned upside down on reinstallation? :shaking:

Lower CG of course:)

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
got a 50/50 chance if getting it right if ya don't know any better :D

Chemical442 said:

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
My 68' had the same seat configuration, would fold flat just like that... Amazing looking at the pics, I slept in the back on my old 40 all the time when I was in HS... :D I couldn't do it for the life of me know ;)

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
those are the same seats that came in my 65' 40. And they are metal backed. I was going to put new seats in until I realized these were the stock seats. Love the way they fold flat, driver seat on hinges for the box lid. Definetly keeping them.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
What am I missing? Are we talking about bench seats for the 40? Nutley's 70 ('69 production) has the split seat with the metal back. I never thought of it as rare. 1963-9/71 had the bench seats shown in the auctions above...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts