Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a link or copy of a good Bill of Sale form I can use? I'd like a version that has the "no warranty expressed or implied" language in it.

Thanks,

Al

·
thhhpptthh!
46,718 Posts
go pick up a legal one at the DMV?? :idea:

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
PM me your email address. I've got one on a file I can send you.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Copy/paste into Notepad.

Legal bill of sale =

Date here

I John Doe hereby sell one 1985 Toyota Pickup Vin# 9999999999999999 to Jane Doe.

Signature here

Thats all you've got to do. You can even write it in blood, so long as it has the info mentioned above.

Signature and VIN are key ingredients.

You don't have to have a form . . .

Chass
ct

·
Registered
17,081 Posts
Thats all you've got to do. You can even write it in blood, so long as it has the info mentioned above.

Signature and VIN are key ingredients.

You don't have to have a form . . .

Chass
ct

Actually everyone should check with their state's DMV. Recently Virginia and other have started requiring a Bill of Sale form in addition to the title. Your home state of Oregon does not require it, but they do have a nice fill out and print PDF file form though: http://www.odot.state.or.us/forms/dmv/501fill.pdf

In addition to the signature and VIN, the date and mileage is very important. In Virginia, they also require the price to be stated in a "SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION FOR PROCUREMENT OF TITLE":
http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/pdf/sut1.pdf

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah in Oregon the DMV is so bad my father in law took in a title to get tranfered and the prior owner forgot to sign it and when they pointed it out he said ok and walk out to the car signed the title himself (with the prior owners name of course) and all they said at the desk was that was sure fast and did the transfer right then.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Georgia is so fawked up. You can literally walk into the tag office with a handwritten BOS on a piece of notebook paper, not even notorized, and it's all good. Does anyone else see why I think they are stupid as hell for not requiring a title on vehicles 1985 or older?? :shaking:

·
Registered
562 Posts
I can photocopy the one I got with the truck I just bought tonight, from a registered dealer- has the legal stuff on it too- just recreate it in Word or something.. It'll be later tomorrow and I cant gaurantee it will be legal in your state.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts