Pirate 4x4 banner

161 - 180 of 419 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
good

Lookin good Glen. You guys have been busy. Cant wait till you get this on the trail, hope I can go where you go :D :D :D. the club has a hammer and moonrock trip plan this year would be nice if you can join us.

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Lookin good Glen. You guys have been busy. Cant wait till you get this on the trail, hope I can go where you go :D :D :D. the club has a hammer and moonrock trip plan this year would be nice if you can join us.

thanks ken
i'm sure that beast of your won't have any trouble keeping up.:D
i got to get clint to save up for a two rig trailer to get me to the hammers:shaking:

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
thanks ken
i'm sure that beast of your won't have any trouble keeping up.:D
i got to get clint to save up for a two rig trailer to get me to the hammers:shaking:
i need to get a truck first that will haul both rigs. the trailer does no good without a truck.

·
Registered
608 Posts
lookinggggg wideeeeeeeeee

glen you sure have it going awnnnnnnnnn!,
just think what your cruiser will look like in 5 yrs ?
( coils .42" tires , full hydro steering ???? )
good job glen !!! I"M watching you !! & yes I have studs !

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
i stopped by WFO to pick up my line lock and trevor talked me into buying one of these too:smokin:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
for me right.:D

while your there have him through on some crane knuckles and c's, cromo 35 spline all the way out,8 lug hubs,arb,4.56 gears,and his hi steer arms.:D :D :D

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Looks good. What size rims are you running and are those chevy 3/4ton brakes?
I found a 14 bolt I'm picking up next weekend, just too bad I'll be waiting a while before I can save up for the rest of the project :bounce2:

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
yah clint i bought two pro rock 60's....a little at a time ....all i have for now is the bolts for the diff cover:D

TX those are 3/4 ton brakes, and 10 x 15 wheels.....glad you got a 14 bolt. your nicely on your way

i spent a good part of the day rounding up my brake plumbing....ss braided hard lines , banjo fittngs etc.....the corvette mc i have has metric threads so i was rounding up adapt....any way i got lots done but not much for photo

lower shock mounts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #176 (Edited)
mc installed

EDIT: this mc was a piece of crap and the wrong one .....it was defective out of the box.
page 10 of this thread has the install and replumbing of the new one

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
i got some lines plumbed, ss braided are in. and installed the drag link....today i'll do the tierod install shocks and hopefully finish the brakes...

brakes are a pain:laughing:

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Glad to know your using 15" rims and they fit. I guess I better load up on dremmel grinding stones and start now :D
What brake setup are you using? It would be nice to have a working setup with front and rear disc that actually work for once.

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
i'm using gm 3/4 ton cal(8 lug), mid 80's vette mc....the rock stomper kit would prolly be easier and chea[er.....the vette mc is made for 4w disc ....i'll let you know how it works:D
4.5"angle grinder with the coursest wheel you can find and some ear plugs....7' grinder would be better:shaking:

i've got to say plumbing an entire system from scratch is a BIG pain ...i'm sure next time will be easier:D after all was said and done the front are blead and work good the rear is leaking at the master. the mc is metric :shaking: i found adapt for the small size two front brake ports however the rear single port is a 12mm #1 thread and an adpt was impossible to find here so a tube shop made me a custom line for it ......they put in a reg dbl flare brake line and needs to be what i would call a tapered pipe fitting.....now i'm on the lookout for this adpt...12mm#1 male 3/16 fmale

anyway it leaks at the arrow

Attachments

161 - 180 of 419 Posts