Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '85 Toyota parts truck for sale. It has a Marlin Crawler double t-case set up, and a lock-rite loaded rear-end. The front center section is gone. The 22R engine needs rebuilding. The previous owner drowned the engine in a river-crossing, got it running again and drove it for a few days until it started to choke and gag. I bought this truck and another with the idea that I'd build a Hendrix Formula Toyota by combining parts from both trucks. The other truck is an older model with good solid front and rear axles, and, a Buick V-6 with a TH350 adapted to the Toy T-case. I bought all this in 2005 and am now resigned to being unable to afford to build the Formula Toyota. Raising 4 boys is just too expensive. I'm asking $1000 for the '85 and $500 for the V-6 truck. I can email pics but I don't know how to post them here. The Trucks are located in the St. George area.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you mean you'd like the whole double T-case set up or what? With or without the tranny?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At this point I don't want to cannibalize the truck that much and end up stuck with a carcase. I'd sell the whole truck(the '85) right now for $800. I neglected to mention that it has a sweet little flatbed. The older truck for $400.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I also have a Blue camper shell for the '85 that is in really good condition. It had a carpet kit in it which the carpet is shot , but, the plywood is good and can be re-carpeted. $50 for the camper shell & etc.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
pm sent

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I take it the v-6 truck has a single case? .....does it run and what front axle does it have....what year is the frame ?

the 85 truck...what size ring and pinon in the rear

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I don't know what year it is for sure. When I looked on the plate on the door, I found someone had painted over it. The engine ran when I picked it up,which was 2 yrs ago. At that time the fuel in it was already several yrs old and it ran pretty rough. The adapter is probably worth more than I'm asking for the truck. It has a staight axel.

The '85 rear-end has 4.10 gears and a lock-right.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I need to raise cash for a payment on my daily driver, so I'll let the truck go for $700.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I don't have a digital camera, but I do have some pics I took with my phone, and emailed to myself. The little thumbnail pics can give you an idea what the rig looks like. When you open the attachment the pic is blurry, at least on my computer. If you want to see them send me a pm.
Actually my wife has a camera, but, I can't download it to my computer

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually my wife has a camera, but, I can't download it to my computer.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts