Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all the bolts out and there is a shifting rod that goes from the tcase to the tranny. It is not allowing the tcase to separate completely from the tranny. Is there a ball on the rod and should it come out of a hole on the case or the tranny?

Hopefully the Toy is similar to my mazda. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
ther will be a pin that has to be knocked out on either side of the shift rod, fo it to just slide out. the detents will move themselves, but they may come out while pulling it apart and you could loose them. you are either taking it apart wrong, or the whole trans and t-case have to be removed to get the t-case off the back of the trans.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I would say that there is a Detent ball/spring holding the shaft from comming out. There is prob more than likely 2. They should be removable from the outside with either a 12/14mm bolt or a allen key bolt.

Stupid question. You do have the shifter out?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I have the shifter out and I searched all over for 30 minutes and couldn't find a bolt that has the spring and ball in it. I was using a mag light and inspection mirror to look down the holes. We gave up for the day. :(

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
it will be on the side of the case, it will be a bolt or kinda look like a drain plug, or have a allen head on it. the detent should not hold you back though, if it were that stiff, it would be impossible to shift.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
as I shift gears the case moves forwards and backwards now that it is unbolted. It just stops and the only think connecting the two cases is this shifting rod and the input shaft. I used and inspection mirror to look down every hole I could find near the shifting rod and no ball could be found. :confused:

I think I will buy a telecsoping magnet tomorrow and stick that down in there and see what I can find.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I'm confused on how you're gonna do it....you're going mazda engine - mazda tranny - mazda t-case - single toy crawlerbox?

·
Registered
986 Posts
there is a 6mm allan key bolt on the left side and maybe the right i dont wanna look at my spare case right now. :flipoff2: take that out. and then drive the pin out through the shifter hole in the t case there is a shift rail atached to the forward shift thing to engage 4 wd. and your done. well if i remember right you are:confused: :flipoff2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts