Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need the middle, intermediate, and rear hoops for a 88" hoopset. they are land rover PNs 330551, 330553, and 330557.

does anyone have these laying around, or if not where would be the best place to buy them?

thanks

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
9V,

On my chuck wagon trailer it is essentially the rear of a 110 pick-up bed. Instead of buying a hoopset I had one fabbed up that goes directly into the factory fittings. It was made out of the same dia. tubing, but way thicker. Mandrel bent with welded in horiz. support bars. Yeah, it is a little bulky to put on and remove, but it's way beefier than a factory hoopset.

Cost me about 150 smacks to get it custom made.

I can get a pic of it if you want.

Just an idea...I know gen-u-whine parts can get spendy.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mike. i would do that, but i could see a problem with all of the brackets and stuff that mount to it. for the hassle and $150, i could buy all three pieces i need (gen-u-whine) from Rovers North for $174. i may also need the right and left hand "door top drain posts" but im not sure.

who knows what the hell i need! :D

if anyone had a full hoopset for sale that would be ideal.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Serious One said:
C'est la vie.
sorry, i dont speak french:flipoff2:

i found out i need more parts than i thought, totalling $246 from RN. but using my friends 15% discount powers that gets knocked down to $209 :D

i think im just going to have to suck it up on this one.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Electrical conduit. 20$

Electrical conduit bender. Rent it from a box store.

Welder.

Scrap steel.

Galvanizing paint.

One afternoon.

J-L

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HandBuilt said:
Electrical conduit
thats what i was going to do, but my buddy (chris laws, owner of badger coachworks) talked me out of it. its not as strong and really pretty cheesy looking.

i only need to save up 200 clams- anyone want to buy some series parts:D

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey ron ill sell all 5 tires and wheels for $425 to a fellow PBB member, i have them listed for $500 for just the tires.

email or PM me?

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dunno if they have tubes in them, how do you want me to measure tread depth? the tires are right outside but taking a picture is a PITA

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Ford Rover said:

its not as strong and really pretty cheesy looking.
Suit yourself... BUT 250 bones is a lot of money for what is basically a pretty lame set of parts.

J-L

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Normally it is done with a tread deth gauge and read back in 32nds of an inch.

I can't bear the thought of driving to belize on futuras

Cheers
Ron

1 - 17 of 17 Posts