Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,

I can get mogs for 1300 per front, and 950 for the rear. Torque tube elimination kit 900.

Anyone ever consider a wrecked 4.6 hse with mogs?

Would the GEMS module handle the ABS disconect? I suppose that the speed sensor for the GEMS also handles the ABS, and that's on the wheels.

Oh well, it was worth a thought.

j

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
I would not expect the speed sensor to be on the wheels as the VSS does a different job than the ABS speed sensors, also, aren't they on separate ECUs? I'll have to check my manuals.

As for where they go to die, insurance companies sell all of their totaled vehicles to a central disposal company that either has standing orders for various vehicles, or they go to the local auction. Special interest vehicles like Rovers tend to be on a long list of folks who will buy every one that comes along. This is probably how places like Rover Cannibal get their vehicles.

Paul

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PTSchram said:
I would not expect the speed sensor to be on the wheels as the VSS does a different job than the ABS speed sensors, also, aren't they on separate ECUs? I'll have to check my manuals.

As for where they go to die, insurance companies sell all of their totaled vehicles to a central disposal company that either has standing orders for various vehicles, or they go to the local auction. Special interest vehicles like Rovers tend to be on a long list of folks who will buy every one that comes along. This is probably how places like Rover Cannibal get their vehicles.

Paul
I think the GEMS module is intigrated. I don't remember either.
Makes sense, god knows I've tried to find these things, and FJ80's.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
the first rover i ever had the chance to drive and wheel was a 97 4.0. i loved it, and i want one!

here are my plans for a 4.0/4.6 RR-

Coil conversion
1.5-2" lift
285/75R16 MTRs
true tracs front and rear

then id be done!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.