Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
pure-adrenaline said:
So how did everyone fair w/ payouts. I heard they where lower than usual.

well nothing's ever going to compare to the 02 season :laughing:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes, the payouts were lower than expected. Tracy got shorted about $1500 and we got shorted $1000 compared to what a single event would pay. At the beginning of the season we asked what the championship would pay because of how we got screwed by Ranch and RRCA. Mark Patey told me that the series payout would be the same as a single event payout. When I confronted him about this after the event he says he never said that! But to me what's worse than the money issue is that they didn't have trophy's for the winners! I feel terrible for Tracy Jordan who worked so hard this year to win a championship and have nothing to show for it. The best part of winning the championship is standing up at the awards ceremony with that championship trophy held high above your head and your fellow competitors cheering in appreciation. UROC denied Tracy that moment he worked so hard for and I feel terrible for him. Shame on you UROC!

·
Super Moderator
17,783 Posts
I can't figure out for the life of me why there were no trophies? That was far worse than the low payout in my mind. My 2002 Championship trophy means FAR more than all the other trophies I have put together! Congrats, Tracy!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Having no trophies sucked but for the Extreme Series they said there will be trophies at Supercrawl for the "Extreme Champion". I don't really know how all that will work out. There might be the possibility that the series trophies for the pro's will be handed out at SuperCrawl. Just guessing.....

As far as the Extreme Series payout, I think it was right on the mark. I remember our series fee being $250 and our event fee being $275. The payout was pretty consistent with the fee amounts. I would have to get a calculator out to determine it.

I just checked it and I will double check the event fee and split before I call it light.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Jon, I hope that UROC does not miss the opportunity at the Supercrawl to fix the trophy issue. "Better late than ever" is better than no trophy at all.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I dont understand why UROC always seems to be making up for these mistakes only after people get pissed off. Is it that hard to figure out less pay and no trophies for the winners will piss people off :confused:

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Mark said at the awards that they withheld some of the West and some of the East extreme series money to make a SuperCrawl West vs East battle for the rest of the money. While I think that sounds fun, I also don't think it is right to tell us that at the awards. It would not be the proper time and place to argue, so I kept quite. I think the bottom line is that it is sneeky. We were competing for a series, not a stand alone event at SuperCrawl. I felt that things were really getting better, but this lack of communications is not what we need right now. The series fee should have been from all competitors in the series, plus 10%. Does anyone have the number of competitors from each class so we can do some accounting?

Congrats to Tracy Jordan, Peter Mazzoni, and Brad Lovell on great seasons.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Thanks Jason! Congratulations to you too!

I am not going to do the math for everyone but here is what I have put together:

Extreme Series

31 Super Mods
18 Modifieds

We all paid $250 series entry fee

I understand / understood that the series paid out 110%

The only advertised pay schedule I have ever seen is:

Place % of Payout
1 39%
2 25%
3 15%
4 9%
5 7%
6 5%

I was so tired by the end of Friday that I snuck out before the awards were over for some much needed sleep. Maybe Mark said something at the end? I heard the east guys had only recieved half the prize money with the rest to put towards and East vs. West battle at Supercrawl. Some poeple got some heartburn over it and it was posted on the UROC board that they got paid in full.

I like the idea of an East vs. West competition concurrent with SuperCrawl but if we are using a percentage of the series payout to fund it, then the higher you place (at this point) the more money you contribute to the pot.

So did Mark say something publicly about an Extreme only purse at Supercrawl?

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Jon Bundrant said:
Yes, the payouts were lower than expected. Tracy got shorted about $1500 and we got shorted $1000 compared to what a single event would pay. At the beginning of the season we asked what the championship would pay because of how we got screwed by Ranch and RRCA. Mark Patey told me that the series payout would be the same as a single event payout. When I confronted him about this after the event he says he never said that! But to me what's worse than the money issue is that they didn't have trophy's for the winners! I feel terrible for Tracy Jordan who worked so hard this year to win a championship and have nothing to show for it. The best part of winning the championship is standing up at the awards ceremony with that championship trophy held high above your head and your fellow competitors cheering in appreciation. UROC denied Tracy that moment he worked so hard for and I feel terrible for him. Shame on you UROC!
I have a new found respect for you jon - I cannot beleive there were not trophies - what a crock - tracy is on the back of my new shirt as the winner - he deserves it and more! Jesse

·
Registered
571 Posts
I know Mark said something at the start of the Extreme West Series awards (Friday in St. George) but I was so tired that I couldn't follow everyting he said. I know he said something about Supercrawl and trophies but I think it was just for SuperCrawl trophies. I don't remember him saying anything about holding $$$ back for east vs. west. I can see how this would work for the Extreme Series but what about the payouts for the Pro's? I like the east vs. west idea but why should the series winners be the ones to fill the pot? If this is the case, can anyone confirm?

Congratulations to everyone, regardless of where you placed. The season is done!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
The Kings of spin had an excuse lined up when everybody was tired and not willing to ruin a good mood at the "ceremony".
Jon I will back you up that Mark also told me " the series payout will be the same as the event payouts." My only question was if that meant the same amount exactly, or the same 110% of OUR series money. This was never answered. But it seems as though it is less than either of those would be.

As far as trophies I'm sitting next to the "red headed step child" that won the first West event as a spotter and has yet to recieve his trophy after repeated requests the last answered by Ranch over the weekend when asked if he had it... and I quote..." yes and no I brought it but we have to give it to the Pro guys because we didn't have enough made for the combined event." Last time it was a paint matching problem, no really that's what they said.

How about this take some rebar and make these guys some trophies!

Remember we are "all in the public eye so we need to act professionally" right before we cheat each other.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
SuperRanger said:
I heard the east guys had only recieved half the prize money with the rest to put towards and East vs. West battle at Supercrawl. Some poeple got some heartburn over it and it was posted on the UROC board that they got paid in full.
I never got the rest of mine??? I think it was posted that we were going to get it, but haven't yet.

Oh and I agree, the people that place higher end up paying more to the pot...

·
Registered
88 Posts
snobrder said:
I never got the rest of mine??? I think it was posted that we were going to get it, but haven't yet.

Oh and I agree, the people that place higher end up paying more to the pot...
It was posted.... here's the link http://www.uroceast.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2472

I have not got the rest of mine either but I have been checking into it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Last year our UROC check for the supercrawl was $18700 plus we got about $7000 in contingency checks. I'd be willing to bet this years winner won't even get half of that. I'm going to call Ranch today and try to get him to commit to an amount for this years event.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Here is what I know:

1) As far as the Extreme Series trophies - UROC considers the Extreme Series a national series and wants only set of trophies for this. They are "looking into" division (East and West) trophies. I guess I was not totally clear on the structure of the Extreme Series. Like it or not, that is the way it is.

I really don't care a whole hell of a lot about the structure and format but it is something we should have known up front. Maybe they had one idea in thier head and did not comunicate it well enough. I don't know. I can not honestly think that they did not present trophies because of the cost.

EDIT: It is called the "BFGoodrich Fabtech Extreme Rock Crawling Nationals" so I guess it is a national series. Also, I remember near the begining on the season looking at what info there was for SuperCrawl and seeing "East meets West" blah blah blah.

2) It has been adevertised here: http://www.uroceast.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2471&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15 that the payout at SuperCrawl will be 100% and the entry fee is $550. I assume they will use the same split I posted above. If it all fills up (about 90 Super Mods and 45 Mods) first place would be $19,305 and $9,652 respsectively. Remember, I am just stating what I know.....

1 - 20 of 52 Posts