Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Preparing for winter...I'm in need of some working wiper motors. I've been running w/out them for about 2 years now (Vegas = no rain), but now I'm going to start needing them. The ones on the Serious One are toast. Dunno what's going on internally, but I don't want to tear into them to find out.

I want to buy some decent good working wiper motors sometime soon. I don't care if they're mint condition, but that they work well, don't slip, don't grind and don't leak crap.

Mine were working fairly well until recently, and I don't know if the gears are stripped or what, but they each exhibit different non-operating characteristics.

I can trade my old ones in if anyone is interested, or just buy some outright.

I haven't contacted George or anyone else to buy them, thought I would hit you guys up first if you needed any Christmas money.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Wiper motors

I have lots. Do you need the early hexagonal black ones or the later rounder silver ones? Drop me an email at: [email protected]
-Ike

PS you can call george but I doubt seriously if he has any. RN has them for 300+ bucks a pop.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leafsprung said:
I have lots. Do you need the early hexagonal black ones or the later rounder silver ones? Drop me an email at: [email protected]
-Ike

PS you can call george but I doubt seriously if he has any. RN has them for 300+ bucks a pop.
The ones I currently have in there are SII/SIIa wiper motors. I'm not so much going for originality, just functionality.

I'll e-mail you.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
If you want something really reliable, I was once at a boat chandlery and saw brand new boat wiper motors that looked identical to the SII type except they were 100% brass and stainless steel. I think they were about $170AUD each, and I'm sure they are available outside Australia.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Serious One said:
The ones I currently have in there are SII/SIIa wiper motors. I'm not so much going for originality, just functionality.

I'll e-mail you.
Mike!
don't toss out teh old ones! send them to me, and I can start my refurb. wiper-motor production with them. I am planning on casting new gears and such to replace the damaged parts inside(good practice for my new business endevour in the silversmith/jewelers trade!) :D
as there are no places I know of doing this I have been going over things for a while, and think someone neds to just do it!

let me know!

Paul

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
wiper motors

Ron - Black ones are cool, but they suck

Paul - Ive rebuilt/exchanged several dozen of these for folks. Ive never seen one with bad gears so dont waste your time recasting them.

-Regards
-Ike

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Leafsprung said:
Ron - Black ones are cool, but they suck

Paul - Ive rebuilt/exchanged several dozen of these for folks. Ive never seen one with bad gears so dont waste your time recasting them.

-Regards
-Ike
really? I may be remembering wrong...but could have sworn the problem was teh gears or other parts made of phenolic or similar the would disintegtrate?
am I remember ig parts off a different british car? I have been into too many different ones over teh years..

Paul (maye will tear my bad one open and look inside...need to rewire it!)

·
Registered
73 Posts
androbus said:
really? I may be remembering wrong...but could have sworn the problem was teh gears or other parts made of phenolic or similar the would disintegtrate?
am I remember ig parts off a different british car? I have been into too many different ones over teh years..

Paul (maye will tear my bad one open and look inside...need to rewire it!)
There is one phenolic gear, and it shouldn't disintegrate, unless you soak it in cleaner.

Mike, they're really easy to rebuild... usually all they need is to have all the old grease cleaned off, and some new grease put on.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stirlinga said:
There is one phenolic gear, and it shouldn't disintegrate, unless you soak it in cleaner.

Mike, they're really easy to rebuild... usually all they need is to have all the old grease cleaned off, and some new grease put on.
Ugh, I guess I'll look at them. I don't want to tear into them and have yet ANOTHER half-done project laying around.

We'll see how long I can put it off...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Serious One said:
Ugh, I guess I'll look at them. I don't want to tear into them and have yet ANOTHER half-done project laying around.

We'll see how long I can put it off...
Send them to me then, I'll send you back some Rain-X. It'll probably work better anyhow. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
stirlinga said:
Send them to me then, I'll send you back some Rain-X. It'll probably work better anyhow. :flipoff2:
it really does too! I've not had consistantly working wipers in my rovers since the '58 which worked as good as they can...but I never used them just had rain-x or similar on both sides of glass.

amazing stuff. I had gotten used to not having wipers from riding a motorcycle year-round in all inclement weather..you learn to focus through it. :D snow is hard though! and hail too..ouch!

Paul (it has now driven two ex-s and my current wife crazy as I don't bother to turn them on even when in the rangie or other modern car...go figure! motorcycles and series rigs for fifteen+ years does that to you? :D )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts