Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One this isn't a camo thing (search mode helps BUNCHES for a cam with a camo here) second I obviosly searched and got like four topics.
I run tims DOA's full head kit. EFI cam and valves and all. KICK ASS.
my buddie wants to throw in a cam. stock rebuilt 22r. stock gears (5.29's soon) and 4speed. BTW 36"swamps.81truck
there is the rundown.
he has a line on a crane #704-0012 toy cam that is set for 10* off and the duration of the intake is 272 and ex. is 282. its a 1800-5200rpm cam. I don't remember what all the duration means and the cam is 100$
DOA c270 that I have says duration @ .050 (wtf is that) is 212in and 212out
Now with either or any cam do you need a new HG? some said yes. also do you need new rockers and springs? what about the 20r with 22r valve swap with tims mr280? both run 155$
What is this TRD cam I am hearing about? is it a toy cam from dealer or what? what is cost on this thing? I just don't want to see this guy spend his $$ and be disapointed later cuz the cam didn't do shit in the longrun. BTW needs to pass smog

·
Registered
30 Posts
Skye - there is a company called Mt west cams in SLC, He can regrind a cam for 50 -60 bucks. The last 22r I had done was around
250 lift 460 duration (I think). Tell the guy what you are looking for and he will help. I think he is still in biz. Around 4100 south between state and main.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.