Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,645 Posts
Get ready to break some stock chevy shackle on the trail. you can keep wheelin with no shackle, but the drive home will suck.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Have you had it wheel'n yet? If It works build you a tube bumper/stinger out back to protect your shackles and give you winch points and leave it. Ive noticed on my brothers toy he gets all the travel he needs out of the allpro front anyway.

·
Registered
107 Posts
LOSE THE CHEVY SHACKLES!! Your not getting any advantage besides a little flex..if that.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Can you not make new rear spring hangers that have a built in offset to the rear?

....======== <--frame
.../ __/ <-- hanger
../o/
...^-- shackle eye

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
roctoy said:
Switch the shackles. Nice bed bob :shaking:
Oh, you like the bed bob? It's an example I use for the class I teach on Sundays, "How to bob your bed in 20 minutes or less and never finish because you rolled the truck before you put the tail gate back on for beginers." :smokin:

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
sweet!!! you are my new hero...i think it looks great :D

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LouBell said:
Just don't back into anything too hard with your new "bumpers". :eek:
I should probably put a 33 back on the spare holder to act as a damper. I had one on there for a while, worked great for pushing people around

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LandCroozer said:
Can you not make new rear spring hangers that have a built in offset to the rear?

....======== <--frame
.../ __/ <-- hanger
../o/
...^-- shackle eye
See that would require work. I may do something like that when I get around to doing some more work on the rear. But I got my steering from Sky so I can start cutting the IFS crap off the front and get on with some really good quality work up front.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Run a longer single shackle in the original hangers. I have chevy's and ron a 9" eye to eye shackle in the stock hanger.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I have been running dual shackles for about 2 years now and i hate them they give too much spring flex when you are trying to go up stair steps. They do provide awsome flex though. I would try to get rid of them before you get settled in like me. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts