Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is everyone determining their ride heigth on buggy's?

Im not looking for a average heighth, but a general rule of thumb on setting the buggy to a point to where I can start linking.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
IM NOT A PRO BUT I WOULD HAVE TO SAY .....AS LOW AS POSSABLE, WITH ENOUGH ROOM FOR AXLE MOVEMENT AND ADDIQUATE SP? GROUND CLEARANCE AT THE TCASE.:D

·
Registered
679 Posts
That's the best answer you can get...
Maybe, you start with the hood at elbow height, and the t-case 2 ft. off the ground and work around that.

·
Registered
341 Posts
THe way I set my ride hieght on the buggy was make it as low as posible while still allowing the axles all the freedom they can get. The transfer case height and other clearane things were not an object becuase of the slippery skid plates I am going to use and the benefits of having a low center of gravity ,which is what wheeling is almost all about, far exceed the benefits of huge clearance.

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
It's kind of an arbitrary thing, but ideally you want to drop the entire chassis until everything clears at full compression, if it doesn't, you've gone too far :)

CJ

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
xtrm-s10 said:
just put it on the ground and call it good:flipoff2:
Already is :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

yeah I already knew what you would all say, just hopin there was somethin I wasnt thinking of. Common sense.

I couldnt be happier with my current rigs heigth, so my best bet is to use it as reference.

stanks a bunch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts