Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on setting up air bumps on the front of my mostly stock 97 4 runner. The 4 runner has a whoping 9" of front wheel travel and I have some 2.0 2" travel bilstein bumps. The best spot the bumps will fit travels 4.5" or 2.25" from ride height to full bump and would start engaging the bump 1" over ride height or though almost 40% of my wheel travel. What percentage of your travel should the bumps be engaged? I'm thinking I need to figure out how to limit the travel of my bumps.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
9" is wheel travel measured at the wheel flange, shock travel is much less, shocks are adjustable height 5100's.

It's a DD that sees lots of high way miles, 2 tracks (lots of times over 100 miles a weekend) and the occasional race course (either pit access, pre running, or just playing). Usually the Northern Nevada Deserts are pretty whoop free but there's lots of perpedincular washes/ ditches that come out of no where and are pretty hard hits. I will put it throught he whoops at KOH.

I could remove the sway bar and mount the bumps closer to the wheel but I'm not sure I want to do that and I think the mounts might start stressing the frame how far out they would be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts