Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 96 lt1 in the jeep right now and im considering going tbi instead. ive got the motor running etc... but im starting to think a nice simple tbi would be less of a headache. i realize i would lose a little power but how much really? also would i be able to use the lt1 block? im not dead set on this idea just kicking it around in my head at this point. what does everyone think?

·
Wish it was my job!
2,106 Posts
pfco3 said:
i have a 96 lt1 in the jeep right now and im considering going tbi instead. ive got the motor running etc... but im starting to think a nice simple tbi would be less of a headache. i realize i would lose a little power but how much really? also would i be able to use the lt1 block? im not dead set on this idea just kicking it around in my head at this point. what does everyone think?
seems like a wasted effort if the MPI already runs???

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
like what was stated up there before, if your motor is already running I would leave it. :D

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
TBI intake won't bolt up to LT1 heads. Regular SBC carb heads (or TBI ones) won't work on a LT1 block.

Need I say more?

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay that settles that huh? like i said my only motivation was simplicity. the optispark and a couple of other things just seem failure prone. besides im not happy unless i have too many projects going on in my garage!;)

·
Registered
921 Posts
u2slow said:
TBI intake won't bolt up to LT1 heads. Regular SBC carb heads (or TBI ones) won't work on a LT1 block.

Need I say more?
edelbrock makes that carb intake for the lt1, and then you could run an adapter and stock tbi distributor, but i still say get the lt1 running right. it'll probably be cheaper. Do you at least have a copy of lt1edit or some configuring computer/tool?

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The Flem said:

edelbrock makes that carb intake for the lt1, and then you could run an adapter and stock tbi distributor, but i still say get the lt1 running right. it'll probably be cheaper. Do you at least have a copy of lt1edit or some configuring computer/tool?
no i dont have the edit, im not really up to that point yet. i just bypassed the vats and have a bunch of "temp" jumpers hooked up right now. it runs fine at idle,but i havent had it out on the road yet. only because im working on the suspension right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts