Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
11,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:p Didn't see another thread on it and searched for "fuse box" so if it's an R then :flipoff2:.

Bussmann RTMR 15303-4-0-4 Mini Fuse & Micro Relay Power Distribution

Just got one of these with the proper terminals and seals. It is very nice looking and looks to fit mini and micro relays for 35 and 50 amp capacities, respectively.

Kind of regretting not getting the one with all the fuses bussed together on one leg, but that's life.
Bussmann 15303-5-2-4 RTMR Mini Fuse & Relay Power Distribution Module

·
Registered
11,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yup, ended up at $50 with 100 of the gray seals, and 50 each of 16-14 and 14-12 ga crimp on terminals, and $10 shipping.

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
Looks cool, definitely post pictures when you get it wired all together. I'm ass-uming the seals are the same as a Weatherpak connector, and I can use the same crimpers?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Looks cool, definitely post pictures when you get it wired all together. I'm ass-uming the seals are the same as a Weatherpak connector, and I can use the same crimpers?
Technically the Bussman boxes use Metripack terminals, but the seals are the same. I've found you can use the weatherpack crimper but it won't do both terminal and seal crimps at the same time.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
This is pretty slick. I put an American Autowire harness in my samurai but I would like this for my buggy.

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
LMAO

This is what the parts ferry dropped off for me last week to do a re-wire on the daughters scout 800

(Sorry for the crappy pic, was working nights and had just gotten out of bed)

·
Registered
11,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
heh

I just got one size of the seals, figured I can stretch them over the 12ga, and fill the holes with RTV to plug the unused holes.

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
The seals are to also refill the weather pack kit I have, its easier/cheaper to buy them in larger quantities and when you order other parts for shipping.

Not sure these are good enough for the beautiful wiring thread so I will just toss them out here, just finished these up.

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
That one is for fuses only, there are different types of them, mine is 5 relays with 10 fuses, but you can spec them out differently when you order them.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
I posted up about this a long time ago. Im surprised it didn't catch back then.

No issues here
Like NoRCalPR been pimping the RTMR`s for 5 years now. :p

Downside is having all the wires coming up to the bottom. Prefer to mount in an enclosure and bundle the harness(es) together.

I am anal about wiring :flipoff2:

·
Registered
11,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Like NoRCalPR been pimping the RTMR`s for 5 years now. :p

Downside is having all the wires coming up to the bottom. Prefer to mount in an enclosure and bundle the harness(es) together.

I am anal about wiring :flipoff2:
Eh, didn't see a thread.

Mount it to a project box or something. That'd enclose the back side. Then drill drain holes in the 4 corners of the enclosure so it doesn't hold a puddle of water on the underside of the box.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts