Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone im new to this board. im planning on a SFA swap on my S10 and im debating on what springs to use for the axle. im either going to be using a Dana 30 or Dana 44. ive heard good things about full size chevy springs. i was wondering what springs i need to support the weight of the front end and i will be running 33" tires. i havent fabbed up the crossmember or any mounts yet so the legnth of the spring and where the center pin is located isnt important right now. i figured i would find a good spring and go from there with where i need to put the brackets and stuff. do i need the front or rear springs off a full size chevy? or is there another spring better suited for my setup? thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
I haven't talked to many other people that have done SFA swaps on s-series vehicles, but I used BDS 3.5" lift leafs for a wrangler up front. It is sprung over too. Really it all depends on how much lift you want, how much flex you want, the ride quality you are trying to acheive, how much extra weight you have added to the front of your vehicle, or how much extra weight you plan on adding. I know a real popular spring for guys doing SFA swaps on tacomas are the rancho 44044's which is made for a wagoneer, I think that's the part number. Or even stock waggy springs. Like I said, however, it all depends on the type of setup you are trying to run

1 - 2 of 2 Posts