Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got poly bushings with stock shackles. I torqued them to factory specs but the bushings are getting ripped up. What are you guys torquing them to? Do you leave them relatively loose (10 ft-lb) and double nut them or what?

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
Originally posted by seajeeper:
<STRONG>I've got poly bushings with stock shackles. I torqued them to factory specs but the bushings are getting ripped up. What are you guys torquing them to? Do you leave them relatively loose (10 ft-lb) and double nut them or what?</STRONG>
The stock shackles have either shouldered bolts or sleeves that the nut tightens against. Without tightening them to the shoulder, you'll need something else to keep the nut on, it'll want to back off. Sounds like the poly bushings are a bit too thick and are getting squeezed to much. I ran stock shackle on my '85 4Runner for about 2 years w/ poly bushings and had no unusual wear. I ran stock torque on the shackle bolts.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Yah, like he said, the stock shackles are shoulderd and you can't go to tight without striping your bolts. If you want to run looser, get some crown locks, not nylocks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts