Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll skip the boring details for now.. but I need to locate a shackle/spring bushing with a ~1.125" OD and something in the neighborhood of 1/2" ID (7/16, 9/16.. whatever).. ideally about 3.5" long, but if I have to use 3 halves and stuff one in the center, I will.

Anyone have a part number/application for a bushing like this?

If I hadn't removed the outer metal sleeve from the OEM bushing, I could've run 1" spring bushings like the leaves are.. but nooooo, I had to remove the outer sleeve thinking it'd be easy to find new bushings.. :D

·
Vendor
990 Posts
Sounds pretty close to a GM truck front spring or shackle bushing.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Landcruiser FJ55 spring bushing is 1.125 OD Aftermarket poly bushings as well as stock rubber are available from www.sor.com with 9/16 ID and .225 shoulder or 5/8 ID and .125 shoulder. Stock cruiser spring is about 2 3/4 wide so you'd have to cut and fill the center.
$1.67 ea last time I ordered, but they'll rape you on shipping...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Rear CJ spring bushings are 1.25" OD with a 1/2" bushing but are only 2.625" long. I use these all the time for making custom parts.

On the link Morpheus posted you could use bushings part #RS627 with sleave #RS431 and have a 1.26" OD, 3.4" wide bushing that uses a 9/16" bolt. The sleave would be unsupported for 1/2" in the middle but I don't see this would be a problem with a bushing this wide.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tips.

I was looking for something like the Rancho chart for Energy Suspension but came up empty.. hadn't thought to try Rancho.

I think I'll try some of the RS521.. .616 (5/8" ) ID, 1.735" length not counting the shoulder, and 1.135" OD.

Sounds close to me.

If that doesn't work, I'll start looking at the LC parts.

THANKS.

I would've just taken them to a spring-shop and had new bushings installed.. except the nearest spring shop is 90 miles away. ;)

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
tsm1mt said:
I was looking for something like the Rancho chart for Energy Suspension but came up empty...
If you call Energy Suspension and tell them what you want they'll sell it to you or tell you a part number and where to buy it. When I called them asked they said that they didn't publish the specs on their bushings.

- jack

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whiplash said:

Umm, your not gonna run a sleave?
RS427

.63 to .5, 2.8" long.

I'll buy 3, cut one down to make up the extra. :D

Some of the OE spring bushings I've bought for this type of truck come without a center sleeve, FWIW.. so I wouldn't worry too much about not running one, but 1/2" bolts will be fine for my 1T tow-rig. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts