Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll skip the boring details for now.. but I need to locate a shackle/spring bushing with a ~1.125" OD and something in the neighborhood of 1/2" ID (7/16, 9/16.. whatever).. ideally about 3.5" long, but if I have to use 3 halves and stuff one in the center, I will.

Anyone have a part number/application for a bushing like this?

If I hadn't removed the outer metal sleeve from the OEM bushing, I could've run 1" spring bushings like the leaves are.. but nooooo, I had to remove the outer sleeve thinking it'd be easy to find new bushings.. :D

·
Vendor
1,011 Posts
Sounds pretty close to a GM truck front spring or shackle bushing.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Landcruiser FJ55 spring bushing is 1.125 OD Aftermarket poly bushings as well as stock rubber are available from www.sor.com with 9/16 ID and .225 shoulder or 5/8 ID and .125 shoulder. Stock cruiser spring is about 2 3/4 wide so you'd have to cut and fill the center.
$1.67 ea last time I ordered, but they'll rape you on shipping...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Rear CJ spring bushings are 1.25" OD with a 1/2" bushing but are only 2.625" long. I use these all the time for making custom parts.

On the link Morpheus posted you could use bushings part #RS627 with sleave #RS431 and have a 1.26" OD, 3.4" wide bushing that uses a 9/16" bolt. The sleave would be unsupported for 1/2" in the middle but I don't see this would be a problem with a bushing this wide.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the tips.

I was looking for something like the Rancho chart for Energy Suspension but came up empty.. hadn't thought to try Rancho.

I think I'll try some of the RS521.. .616 (5/8" ) ID, 1.735" length not counting the shoulder, and 1.135" OD.

Sounds close to me.

If that doesn't work, I'll start looking at the LC parts.

THANKS.

I would've just taken them to a spring-shop and had new bushings installed.. except the nearest spring shop is 90 miles away. ;)

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Whiplash said:

Umm, your not gonna run a sleave?
RS427

.63 to .5, 2.8" long.

I'll buy 3, cut one down to make up the extra. :D

Some of the OE spring bushings I've bought for this type of truck come without a center sleeve, FWIW.. so I wouldn't worry too much about not running one, but 1/2" bolts will be fine for my 1T tow-rig. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts