Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would I get the most flex and smoothest ride with? A rear shackle flip (thinking exchobit) or rear blocks? Seems as though the echobit is the way to go, but want some second opinions before I make that decision. Thanks!

Gabe

[email protected]

·
Registered
214 Posts
Do your own shackle flip. No cost and rides nice with good flex. Check your pinion angle when you do it. Mine is off quite a bit. Blocks are a half ass way to lift a vehicle.
Phil

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I flipped my own, and saved the moeny I would have had to pay anyone else. I just used the front hangers off the rear springs. well not mine, but some I torched off of another frame. worked great. or you can do it the cheesy way liek some do and just cut a hole in the bottom of the hanger and put the shacle through the bottom. I didn't liek the jerry-rigged look of this so I went with the other method. I also used a 2 inch block so I guess that makes my shackle flip half-assed. :flipoff2:

-Scott

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
My set up is the same as SCOTTS I used 3/4 ton brackets they give you a little more lift than 1/2 tons, I too had to use 2 1/2 blocks to get the right amount of lift (still going to make longer shackles for just a bit more too) but milled them square. Real easy and inexpensive set up. I have a 6" set of springs up front and it sets pretty level right now. I did a 57" Ford spring at the same time and had to add an add a leaf so stiffen it, those springs are really soft and flex quite well. Do a little searching you can find plenty of pics of how people have done thiers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts