Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a yj with 4.5 susp. and 35 17.5 tires and just bought a 2" shackle lift to add. i have a sye installed. has any one done this and is it goung to drive like poo?

·
Registered
28,621 Posts
8" long shackles?

those are fawking huge.

you need to man up and spring over the thing. Yes it's expensive, yes you have to fab a lot of shit. but you're at the limit, and if you spring over correctly, it'll drive and perform better.

I wouldn't use 8" shackles on the street.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
If they are 2" lift (4" longer tan stock), it sounds kina scary. I tey're just 2" longer (1" lift), not so bad - but it'll still wear out bushins faster.

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
If you put them on the front you're begging to fawk up your caster...if it steers correctly now, it probably won't when you're done.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
resqme said:
If you put them on the front you're begging to fawk up your caster...if it steers correctly now, it probably won't when you're done.
True, but that can be corrected with bolt on steel angle shims like RE sells.
Still' I don't like long shackles. I'd rather put on a 1" body lift.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i have 1" body and the shackles are 2" longer I think ill try it and see if it works. if it sucks ill throw them away and buy a fawking tj like i should have in the first place.

·
Registered
230 Posts
be ready for them things to dig into everything ... if you wheel it.... i had a 2" shackle lieft on my 88 yu before i bought a 3.5bds lift... it wasn't fun

1 - 9 of 9 Posts