Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think this is worth doing? How much ground clearance can be gained here, shaving a rover axle housing with a toy third in it?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I'd say at least an inch. I contemplated that for years when I was running the stock rover stuff. Easy to do...I say go for it!

--D

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I just might do that. I have a bunch of little projects to finish up on the disco, and one of them is to cut off and reweld the pipe cap diff covers (amateur leaky welds, plus I want to rotate them to get the fill plug up a bit higher). That would be the time to do it. The drain plug would probably have to be moved too.

Think 1/4" plate will be thick enough for the bottom?

·
Registered
986 Posts
I just might do that. I have a bunch of little projects to finish up on the disco, and one of them is to cut off and reweld the pipe cap diff covers (amateur leaky welds, plus I want to rotate them to get the fill plug up a bit higher). That would be the time to do it. The drain plug would probably have to be moved too.

Think 1/4" plate will be thick enough for the bottom?
Use at least the same thickness as the pipe cover, or your efforts there are wasted.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I would use 1/4" cold roled, or 3/8ths hot. Remember you'll be close to the ring gear and any significant deformation can bring the unhappiness.

--D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts