Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VENDORS:

I don't want your high-tech d60's with the always wimpy ring & pinion that DOES NOT hold up to big tire, big rig, big block torque AND,

I don't want your 1950's heavy old-tech military too-high pinion, no brakes, king of the unsprung weight Rockwells that just aren't cool for rigs that are not trailer queens/pure rock buggies. Ditto for MOGS.

Who is going to be first to bring out an affordable d70/80 F with a shaved pumpkin and 37/40 spline axles with shaft / knuckle / spindle that will handle at least a 1550 series ujoint ?

Is there anyone else that wants something other than a d60 or Rockwell/Mog ? Been there, done that.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Sure thing man , check with Camo and while your'e at it I'll
take a pair built out of unobtainium . Do a search ya newb :flipoff2:

·
Registered
700 Posts
I have a 60 with a 1550 axle U-joint, it held up to 44" tires ok........soon it will get the 49" torture test

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jason R said:
so what rig is this going on that requires such ultra strength and uniqueness? :rolleyes:
Modified Class Mud Bogger that I drive on 1000 mile trips for Elk Hunting and remote wheelin and snow bogging. The d60 hasn't handled the 502/540 cu. in. abuse on irregular terrain on a sustained basis for me though its a blast to drive.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
call sunray. they'll build it. they already make the 1550 outers so alll they have to do it put in a d70 center for you. they'll do it.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
briejer said:
I have a 60 with a 1550 axle U-joint, it held up to 44" tires ok........soon it will get the 49" torture test
Is yours a SunRay 60 or custom ? They've got the right idea - they just need to take it to the next level with 37/40 spline shafts.

Good luck on the 49's. The IROK rounder shoulder compared to boggers is making me wait for those in 49".

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Magnum_Willys said:
they just need to take it to the next level with 37/40 spline shafts.
i bet they will if you ask. thier shafts are all custom so there is no reason they can't make them to whatever spline count you want.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Magnum_Willys said:

Is yours a SunRay 60 or custom ? They've got the right idea - they just need to take it to the next level with 37/40 spline shafts.

Good luck on the 49's. The IROK rounder shoulder compared to boggers is making me wait for those in 49".
It's Sunray with a Prorock center. Talk to Lance at Sunray, they will build you a 37-40 spline, whatever you want.

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
whadda need ? :flipoff2:

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
10,037 Posts
84 Sheepdog said:
Steve Gerstner already builds 80 fronts. Here is a pic of the tube fork he builds for those.:D

search.:flipoff2:

Holy chit. I bet that thing weighs as much as most d30s:eek:

1 - 20 of 107 Posts