Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I want to address the ass-clown that took it upon himself to let Bill know about the previous post and of my "taking advantage". Bill and I are okay, and he is just as pissed/confused as I as to the motivation of that individual. In the end our friendship prevailed...He's cool, I'm cool.

Btw, I know who you are, and at a minimum I would suggest PM'ing me so we can smooth this over...Your move.

Now on to the good stuff. Turns out that some long-gone shop rat had "exchanged" my distributor with another. Guess what? This fine replacement had a fried amp, and to add insult to injury, was 180 deg. off TDC. Not very subtle, but I got it figured out.

Next was the <cough> fuel. I hate to admit this, but it turns out that I had the return plumbed to the supply and the supply to the return....uh...yea...:homer:

Next issue was that I was having major trouble priming the oil pump. With 25' of 1/2" oil line going out to a rear mounted remote cooler and back again, the only way I could get any pressure was to force a prime. But how? I decided to use the shops 15 gal, roller oil tank pump and a 1/2" rubber hose attached to the supply oil line on the rig. I made a mess, but after 1.5 quarts of oil pressed into the open lines I filled them. I spun my drill motor attached to the pump and she quickly pushed my pressure gauge to 20 psi. Makes me wonder about future oil/filter changes, but for now, good enough.

After the dizzy was back in, I yelled "fire in the hole!", crossed the starter wire with the power. She coughed once, and fired! Now I didn't leave it running for very long as I have open headers still :evil:, but she roared nicely.

Thanks to all of you that stepped up and offered help. When your stairing at a pile of wires and no spark, the mind can/will play tricks on you.

Pic's are only a few day's away boys...:grinpimp:

--D

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Glad to hear it. I wondered about "sabatoge" Or a spare parts bin left about.

Can I guess here who it was?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Doug
This post is useless without pics. BTW we did you weigh the beast?

Ed
Eddieman...You been dippin' into the elixer again?

I think you meant 'when'?

Yes this is a friggin' worthless post w/o pics...I know. Don't worry, pic's are coming. Looks like a bunch of tube, big tires, aluminum, coil-overs, bla, bla, bla. The only real difference from 'every-buggy USA', is the 3.9 plenum poppin' out of the hood.

Haven't weighed it yet, but I'd be surpised if it's under 3500. My original estimate was 3.2k, but it seems EVERYONE estimates low.

Pendy...Masterpiece? Well, I don't know about that. There are some FINE fabricators gracing these boards that I frankly can't hold a candle to. BUT, that said, I do have a few nice details I think you'll like.

Tomorrow I clean up with wiring, drop the floor in, and mount the seats.

Still have:

Hood
Skins
boat sides
exhaust
new rear break line (don't ask)
d-shafts sent to Tom (woods) for cut/lenthening
INSTALLING MY 4340 shafts and 300M Long u-joints! :bounce:

Essentially a few more days...

--D

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Very nice. Glad you got your issues worked out...both vehicular and personal.

The dizzy trick is a funny one...I'll have to file that one away for a good prank.

You have a camera right? :D

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Let's keep it in the PM camp.

--D
I hope I earned knowing who it was!

Glad to hear you got it running. Now get er dun.

My wheeling days have been pushed even further back, a certain mile-high Disco was delivered about 0400 hours Saturday morning with a laundry list of broken parts to fix...

Get er dun!

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
not all broke
just in need of some love
and it was 3:15am and the lawn job is free ....
ps thanks for the ...... you will find out when you need it :grinpimp:

xmas came early for me this year .........:D:D:D

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
not all broke
just in need of some love
and it was 3:15am and the lawn job is free ....
ps thanks for the ...... you will find out when you need it :grinpimp:

xmas came early for me this year .........:D:D:D
You could have at least taken that POS tranny jack to throw through the window of Greg Smith!

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
So Im just putting 2 and 2 together, I havent seen these other messages, but knowing Doug and Bill, what the fawking hell. Sure Bill always joked with me about Dougs truck in the shop, but it was all in good fun. Bill would have never gotten his panties in a wad over Dougs shit.
Glad to hear your getting back into the game Doug. Always missed seeing you at the trail.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks KC. Looking forward to gettin' it with all of you again!

--D

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Good to hear things are moving in the right direction Doug...in hindsight I should have bought your original rock rover. Looking forward to seeing you out on the trails, perhaps the CC this year?

Tis

1 - 19 of 19 Posts