Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey have you guys got that Pig home yet? What route did you end up taking? How did you fare?

Kent

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
They were in Grand Junction last night at around 7pm, shooting for Denver by midnight, and Kansas City today. I've not had a further update. Steve said the pig was running fine, and that 52 mph is it's sweet spot. Slow trip...

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
52 mph... Man that would take forever. Steve scored though. damn clean rig, only needs A/C and PS. Should have seen it poking around at 8200 feet on some loose rock trails in 2wd.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Tornadoalley called me around 8 last night near Junction City, KS. They figured on being to Blue Springs, MO (home) around midnight. Sounded like all was still going well, other than the race they lost with the snail.

·
Registered
766 Posts
when I had enough of Kansas City and decided to move back to Wyoming...it was a long trip in a stock 40. I think I must've done it during one of the hot spells as well. I ended up losing 13 pounds in two days - no joke - and I only weighed 170 when I started...it was hot...and long. I'm sure they'll have some good stories to tell though.

Nothing beats pulling up to a gas station in the middle of Nebraska and then having to hear the stories from some old rancher about the 40 that he used to have until he rolled in on the highway during a snow storm...ah...the memories...

bk

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Well.. Sherpa should be in Columbia Mo by now.. Took 50 hwy across Nevada, then 20 thru Utah.. Very scenic, very slow! Bench seats that are tired on long trips suck!
Hoping to catch up on the list later.. Work duties are way backed up..
Thanks everyone for the wonderful time! Had an absolute blast.. Will check back in when I catch up.. ANd give a bigger report of festivities..

·
Registered
697 Posts
Glad you guys made it home ok. it was great meeting you at the 45 run.
Take care
Mike

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
Great to hear it. You guys made good time, actually. That pimpjuice must have helped!

Did the bling, bling make it safely?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Those windows are safely locked up at home! That alone made the trip worthwhile..
Texican and Tony! Eat your hearts out! :) Only set of 45swb non-removable top window gaskets around..
Course Mudrak told me what the gaskets cost new about 8 years ago and about made me cry!
Thanks for the cooler, Bacon, old school F engine additional pulley and one barrel PCV spacer as well..

·
Registered
311 Posts

home. got in about 10:30 am. have bedsores on my ass. we were going so slow, Erik (TornadoAlley) actually saw a rattlesnake in the weeds somewhere in Nevada ;-)

oh, and Rat...I may have taken the strap in my one-wheel-drive pig, but I wheeled it for the first time in it's 29 years :flipoff2: thanks, though!

more later, and many thanks to all the folks in L.A. and at the FJ45 run who made this little boondoggle a real blast...

Steve

·
Registered
368 Posts
Glad you made it back safe, thats a long way at 50mph.

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
glad to see you guys made it home without incident; well, we won't tell anybody about that cop responding to a "gay noises from hotel room #102" in utah. :flipoff2:
thanks for coming to the 45 run, it's always good to meet fellow cruiserheads from near and far. :)

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hey Steve and Erik, Glad the two of you made it home safe. Can I interest either one of you in a burrito? Seriously, it was great getting to know both of you. Congrats Steve on a very clean 55. That thing sure looks good cruisin' the hwy and on the trail. Erik, send me a pic of that bird once you get it mounted. I'll pm you with exact hole locations.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
tornadoalleycruiser said:
Those windows are safely locked up at home! That alone made the trip worthwhile..
Texican and Tony! Eat your hearts out! QUOTE]

YOU SUCK!!!!!!YOU SUCK!!!!!!!

IS THERE ONE MORE SET SOMEWHERE???
MARK???
MUDRACK??
:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
52 mph across open country?!! I'd fall asleep @ 52. I need to hit 75 just to feel the need to stay alert.:eek:

You guys should have had all the time in the world to take scenic pics. So where are they? :bounce: :bounce2:

Walt<><

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
texican said:
IS THERE ONE MORE SET SOMEWHERE???
MARK???
MUDRACK??
:confused: :confused:
Sorry Butch. That is the ONLY set I've EVER seen off of a rig. Just figures that it would be the damn cleanest set I've EVER SEEN! :eek: :eek: I think that the reason the rubber is still so good on those weatherstrips is that every guy that sees them shoots a load on them! :flipoff2: [That's kind of why I just let Erik hold the windows himself! :eek: ]

Call me naive, but I really believe that Erik will follow thru on getting a quote on a mold for more. Between Chef's effort on the Bugcatchers, LCJ with the t-birds,Foxfab and Landpimp on the 45 taillights and now Erik with the fixed-cab weatherstrips, Pirate 4x4 will ensure it's own special place in the legacy of the Landcruiser. PROPS and:beer::beer::beer: to all the dedicated Pirate crew!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Butch.. I will do my best to hook you up! Your not the only one that's needing them! I don't want to do anything with these till I talk to some rubber mold makers to hook the collective up! The list of swb fixed top trucks is kinda small tho! George and I will be talking later when I get moving on this.
Mark your not Naive cause I gotta do my part for the community that's provided so much to me..

Pics of the trip will come.. Sorry my parents are in town cause of the hurricanes in Florida thus visiting with them is taking my time at home..

Gotta get that picture of toploader doing very bad things to the pig out for starters!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts