Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so got my new sami and it runs like a top but for one issue. the trans shifter poped out of the slectors and the spring that holds it down is gone.:mad3: so i belive that i need the part that bolts on with four bolts and sets on top of the tranny. also my tcase is stuck between gears:mad3::mad3:. but the sami was going great and climbed every thing i tried. most of it my dadgum heep cherokee with a 4popper and lockers wouldnt climb:D. but please help me i love this little guy gonna put 33s on it its already sprung over.

·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts
ok so got my new sami and it runs like a top but for one issue. the trans shifter poped out of the slectors and the spring that holds it down is gone.:mad3: so i belive that i need the part that bolts on with four bolts and sets on top of the tranny. also my tcase is stuck between gears:mad3::mad3:. but the sami was going great and climbed every thing i tried. most of it my dadgum heep cherokee with a 4popper and lockers wouldnt climb:D. but please help me i love this little guy gonna put 33s on it its already sprung over.
do you call your mom when you forget to wipe?:flipoff2:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fuck u! no, i have seen what it cost to break stuff in these and cant afford to fuck the trans up. so please help and dont just be a dumbass i need to know if that will help or just be a waste of money. gonna head to harmon4x in the morning (go to school with his son) and see if he can help me at all or if im just fucked. really want to start drivin the little shit monday but doubt it will happen at this rate.

·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts
fuck u! no, i have seen what it cost to break stuff in these and cant afford to fuck the trans up. so please help and dont just be a dumbass i need to know if that will help or just be a waste of money. gonna head to harmon4x in the morning (go to school with his son) and see if he can help me at all or if im just fucked. really want to start drivin the little shit monday but doubt it will happen at this rate.
Did you not see this was covered twice in the past 2 pages... did you not read have the past couple posts ?
did you maybe read the FAQ for this section ... its metioned in there quite a few times.. I'm sorry we did't just have the answer when you opened the page. Never mind why would somthing be mentioned in the Fequently asked question post?
ok'll be nice:
yes you most likely need a shift sheet ... maybe a screw go to www.trailtough.com look through there drivetrain section and you will find the parts you need

·
Registered
338 Posts
ok'll be nice:
You're too nice... perhaps I'm just an asshole that's spent too much time in the yota forum:flipoff2:... I say... READ THE FAQ, try the search button, if that doesn't work:confused:, READ THE FAQ again.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its fixed quick trip to the local four by shop and bought a new shift housing and a shifter and screw and also bought a shift sheet for the tcase

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
its fixed quick trip to the local four by shop and bought a new shift housing and a shifter and screw and also bought a shift sheet for the tcase
Unfortunately, you probably didn't need a new shift housing or shifter. A new shift sheet, a shifter bolt for the tranny, and new shift sheet for the T-case may have solved your issues.

If the shifter bolt broke off in the tranny, did you find it ? If not, you may want to drain the tranny, before you find it, and broken teeth of the gears. :eek:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no it didnt break off it was just worn out and so was the shifter it has a oval shape instead of a stright line so it needed replaced and the shifter housing was cracked so it was in need of a new one. the tcase needed the shift sheet. so now its more fun than ever so im off to climb the hill lol jk. but anybody think that 33s for mild wheeling will be to much on it? its allready sprung over

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
no it didnt break off it was just worn out and so was the shifter it has a oval shape instead of a stright line so it needed replaced and the shifter housing was cracked so it was in need of a new one. the tcase needed the shift sheet. so now its more fun than ever so im off to climb the hill lol jk. but anybody think that 33s for mild wheeling will be to much on it? its allready sprung over
Mild wheeling with 33s and no front locker you should be fine on stock axles. Gas it hard on the rocks with the wheels turned and in a bind, and you'll probably have a broken axle.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no its soposta stay off the rocks

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
.........but anybody think that 33s for mild wheeling will be to much on it? its allready sprung over
Please don't ask anymore questions on commonly discussed topics until you read all of the posts in the last five pages or so, read the FAQ, and search for the answer first. Every post like this bumps the hardcore tech topics down another place on the page and pretty soon Pirate 4x4 looks more like "Kindergarten 4x4".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts