Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had any expierience with shipping a truck across the country? any suggestions as far as any company better or cheaper than the others? or any companies i should steer away from? thanks in advance :D

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
c'mon guys i know someone has to know something about this please! :confused:

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
i have heard some first hand horror stories of shipping lifted trucks. some places have a hight restriction.
what you shipping?and how far

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
ROCKTOY74 said:
has anyone had any expierience with shipping a truck across the country? any suggestions as far as any company better or cheaper than the others? or any companies i should steer away from? thanks in advance :D
Have tow rig and trailer, what do you want hauled and where to/from?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well this is not a for sure YET! but it is a stock toy truck coming from central ca. going to knoxville tn. A LONG WAY!!! anyway just trying to get some estimates before we get in too deep. keep em' comin':D

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
there are a few companys just make them price war amongst themselves and make sure you get insurance:D

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
ROCKTOY74 said:
well this is not a for sure YET! but it is a stock toy truck coming from central ca. going to knoxville tn. A LONG WAY!!!
Long way indeed - Yahoo Maps shows about 2200 miles from Knoxville to Bakersfield. Sad thing is, all but a few hundred are on I 40.

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
I shipped an F250 from BC to NS - hard to get much further than that. Even had to go by ferry from Van. Island to mainland BC, then by train, then truck right to my door. Only cost $1500 Cdn - reasonable when you consider the distance.

I can;t remember the co. name - but I know I found it with a google search.

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
A friend of mine just shipped a car from California to Portland, ME by train for $550. You have to pick it up at the nearest freight terminal, but atleast it would get it to a manageable place.

I will check with my dad, but I think www.tractor.com or something like that has privatately owned trucker's looking to haul stuff when they are running empty. You have to fit it in their schedule, but the rates are usually fair. I will let you know for sure the next time I talk to him about the website.

Ken

*edit* I reply again tonight, cause that link is to a art web page. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
804 Posts
I shipped a 4Runner from So. Cal to Indy a couple years ago. $750

Although when it arrived it would not start. (it was driven onto the truck in CA) The dumba$$ driver tried to jump start it and crossed up the cables. Blew most all fuses, 3 relays.

I got my money back because this company was doing a significant amount of business with the auction I work for. They got canned anyway when the transportation manager heard about the problems.

I'll post later the names of companies that we use now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts