Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
re hoops

I have not seen any front hoops that require cutting the inner fenders, only the rear hoops. Regardless, Wild Horses, Duffs and Toms bronco parts have pics up on their website, I think(have not looked for hoops in several years). I have the WildHorses cat. in front of me and they have a pic of both the front and rear hoops installed on a bronco.
HTH

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to be running Bilstein 6100 14" travel shocks and anticipated shock hoops that were slightly taller than what WH or Duff's have to offer.

Doug

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
more hoops

OK, Cool,
Since you put it that way..... A friend of mine just finished a 3link coilover deal this past fall. His c.o. towers obviously extended up through the inner fenders. They fabbed up the towers and cut the middle of the inner fender to clear. After that they cut a "little more, and a little more".....Basically the only part on the pas. side that is left is a small ledge toward the firewall side for the mounting pt. for MSD box. I would say-draw up what you want and find a shop to bend it or post on any of the bronco lists, to see if someone close to you has a bender in their shop or a rec. of a shop that would do the hoops without killing you on $$! Are you subscribed to EBML or Bronco Fix Doug?
KB

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Used to be... you remember the T-shirts that said "Are you Doug Kiesewetter?" I'm too busy for all that now...

I am pretty sure I can do my own shock towers without being cost too much, but I was just going to try to get a few ideas. I didn't know if anybody had done 14" shocks before.

Doug

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
re hoops again

Thats a hoot Doug,
I have been on ebml since '97, seem to remember the fun. There is a guy on the list in Tx. named Lee Novikov. He has completed a total tube coilover eb/buggy and seems to have his stuff together. I have seen posts on his shop from other list members who have used it. Shoot him a mail-good one to bounce some ideas off. I think his other coilover less mod. eb. started out with some longtravel Bstns. His email is
[email protected]
Regards,
Karl

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Karl...I know who you are... I was wondering if this was you.

I was on the EBML for 2 years. I know Lee pretty well...that's how the whole T-shirt thing came around... I buy a lot of parts from him, and had kind of disappeared from the radar screen for almost a year. He didn't know where I had gone, so someone made up a T-shirt design that said "Are you Doug Kiesewetter?"... I finally got in touch with him and made our deal good, plus a little... We're still friends, but that whole thing got way out of hand. I pay cash on the spot these days. :emb4:

I've been so busy i dropped off the EBML except for the ocassional digest read and a few e-mails back and forth with Lee.

Doug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.