Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1991 XJ with a new 6.5 RC Long Arm kit. I have taken it off road only twice because the shocks feel like Im going to rip them off the Jeep. Of all the shocks I have run these ones are the worst. They have horrible flex in them. I was wondering what you other Cherokee guys and gals run. I looking to replace them asap. Heres a pic of my Jeep also:

·
Registered
67 Posts
What do you currently have on there? Did your kit come with shocks? hard to see in the pics. One think to check is to make sure that you have plenty of travel in the shocks. If they are bottoming out or extending all the way out it will make for bad ride.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Take the shocks off and measure the distance between the mounts (on the jeep) fully compressed and fully extended. The difference between the two, plus a little extra to prevent damage, is your needed shock travel. Conversely, you can call the suspension manufacturer and ask them what lenghth you need. Either way, go buy Bilstein 5100's and enjoy. And no, you don't need fancy remote resevoir shocks, they are for high-speed stuff that almost nobody actually does.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts