Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some thoughts on new shocks for a 97 f-150. It gets a little mud and snow action but basically a pavement pounder. The stock shocks aren't quit gettin it anymore.

·
Registered
20 Posts
just plain and simple,rancho 5000's would be fine,your looking at about $130 or you could go and get a set of the new procomps.thats what i run on my 92 f-150,and they feel great.thats just my opinion.:smokin:

·
3d Artist for Hire!
19,321 Posts
ES 3000=RS 5000

the decal and the price tag are the only difference.

·
Premium Member
7,142 Posts
Id go with Rancho RSX, monroe is the same as the RS5000

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Don't wast your money on the RSX! Just go get some ProComp ES300's and call it a day. If they ever crap out, they replace them for free. They ride fine in a 1/2 truck, I had them on my Ram 1500. They are about $30 each and have a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've run Rancho 5000s on two F150's and two Rangers and been absolutely happy with them. They can be a little harsh off road, but that is a fair trade off for the on road ride and handling characteristics. I bought my last two set from Four Wheel Parts Wholesalers. They had a fair price and free shipping at the time. They were also delivered alot faster than i had expected.

One thing I reccomend is to get polyurethane eye bushings as well, and swap them out for the rubber ones that come with the shocks. The urethane bushings are cheap and last alot longer than the rubbers.

Don

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I have RSX's on my Bronc. They worked fine for 3 years. little harsh on road, great off road. Good for a DD/ weekend wheeling. Buy them anywhere but 4WPW. They are a shitty company, w/ shitty service. Go to the Gen 4x4 discussion board and do a search for Rancho or other shock dealers on the board. Support the guys who support the board. Besides I can guarentee someone from this board will give better service than the 4WPW idiots.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts