Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a set of 15" travel james duff shocks in the back of my eb and they are fawked. Now they are only 3-4 months old and have been on one trip offroad were they were far from over worked. Other than the one trip the vehical has been sitting in the garage except for mabey 10miles of flat towing.

They are mounted perfectly vertical like normal and shock bodies up. The up travel has dampening like normal but once you push down it just drops like nothing without any dampening at all, like what you would expect from some 30yr. old worn to hell shocks.:confused:
Here is how they're mounted
pic 1 pic 2

Fawk'n sucks cause there brand new and barely used.:mad:

forgot the question. :smokin:
why or what is the problem?
does it matter how it is mounted(shock body up or down)?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So they are mounted upside down...:rolleyes:
I'll pull the front ones to, since those would be munted upside down too. Hopefully I won't have any clearance problems up front cause I think that is why I mounted them can up.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Would it have mattered that their shocks are valved 70/30. You might of over stressed the compression(30) side by overworking it from being upside down and doing the job of the rebound side(70).

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I pulled a front one and it was doing the same as the back.
So I flipped it so the can was on the bottom and cycled it a couple of times. Now I have the dampening back on rebound that it should have, but if I shake the shock I can hear a little bit of the shock fluid slushing around inside on the bottom of the can.
So is it still fawked or with more cycling of the shock the fluid will go where it should and stop slushing around?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts