Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a D60 conversion combined with a front shackle reversal and rear shackle flip (fronts also have a 1" add a leaf). I tossed in a set of rancho rs9000x's for shock duty. Problem I have is that my truck bounces like crazy. I can run a dirt road at 70mph and it'll be smooth as glass till I hit a dip, then I bounce like I have no shocks. I have tried settings 1-9 in all combos and at setting 1 it is like there is no shocks, and at 9 it is o.k., but when I hit big "whooops" in the road I get sea sick. Little bumps that are real hard and fast are no problem, but slow gradual changes in road surafce leave my rig bouncing everywhere. Do the 9000x's just not have the damping ability my 7200 lb beast needs? I have ridden in my buddies jeeps and at setting 9 their rigs'll rattle your fillings loose. They run at setting 3 most of the time on pavement.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
needs one more shock per wheel.

eric

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
Is that the gvwr or its real weight? Anyways, mine weighs in at close to 6000# and putting on dual shocks up front cured all my problems, and I just used rancho 5000s.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
RS9000s are junk. I hated mine also. Get something gas-charged (such as the Bilsteins).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts