Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been running my 900 dollar 94 amigo for a week now and am pretty pleased with it. So far I have replaced the missing rear brake pad which cleared up the noisy brake problem, welded in a piece of tubing in place of the rusted exhaust flex coupling, and replaced the missing clip in the sunroof. Total cost about 40 bucks. I threw in a small knaack box and my tools, and the rear end really sagged. I bought a pair of 93 Rodeo springs and will install them tomorrow to hopefully level out the rear with my tools in the back. It looks like it still has the factory shocks, Im thinking Rancho 9000's with the deal from Porc in the vendor section, what shocks are working well for you guys?? This will be mostly a DD with a load of tools in the back.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I run Pro Comp 9000's on my $800 Trooper. They work well and were easier on the wallet than Ranchos. I carry a few tools(~100lbs) and drive it every day and it handles great. No adjustability with these shocks, but I didn't feel it was necessary & couldn't justify shelling out the extra $$.

·
Typical White Guy
3,709 Posts
Can't tell you what to buy (though I know several people using the Rancho9000's that really like them)....... but I will tell you not to buy Rancho 5000's. I put a set on my '93 Amigo about 6 years ago and they are way too stiff/harsh for such a short wheel based and light truck. After 6 years and lots of trail time they are just now as soft as I would have liked for them to have been in the first place. JMHO
________
CHEAP VAPORIZER

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
the pro comps on my '86 trooper have been great. been running them for about 15,000 miles. i've ridden in the same model trooper with 9000's. the difference in price isn't a difference in ride or quality. the pro comps seem the better deal to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts