Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
I have 2 of these for plasma / shop exhaust.

And I have one like this that is put in front of the side yard door to constantly blow cool air in. I run this 90% of the time I am in the shop, and the other 2 only when I am welding long periods and want to exhaust quickly (or grinding) or am plasma cutting. This works good for blowing through the shop, or if I don't open the garage it sucks in the cooler air and the hot escapes through the roof vents.

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
When I own my own place I want to put a couple of these up high to really move the built up heat. 2 of these in a 2 or 3 car garage may be enough by themselves to bring in fresh air through a garage door, or side door.

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
I have a squirrel cage that sits on the floor and moves a lot of air.

I work in my garage, and with the big door and side door both open I get a nice breeze moving through.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Then what Todd W recommends is the ticket! I know I gettin one for my garage when we get a house.... the wife is a total disbeleiver that one these suckers can cool off a house just by air movement. Just wait til I have that sucker keepin me cool while wrenching.

·
Registered
67 Posts
weve got 3 or 4 48" "barn fans" we use in the heavy equipment shop at work. They come from TSC. They work great, are on wheels, theyre pretty quiet and move alot of air.

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
I keep my big fan in front of the door all the time. First thing I do when entering is open door, turn on fan. It's never in the way unless I want to go on the side yard but luckily its on wheels :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
I wish it got warm enough here to need cooling fans. My shop boiler still comes on every morning, and the tstat is set to 60*F!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Shut the boiler off? My bud does with his inslab heatin every May and its shut off til Sept/Octoberish.

·
Registered
233 Posts
It has been a cold "summer." HIJACK OFF

I have a used household ceiling fan to stir whatever warm air collects near the roof.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I have this one built into the wall... It's a 36 inch and runs off of normal 120v. Pulls quite a bit of air (7100 cfm I think), and works great to exhaust those welding fumes. I have a squirrel cage blower mounted near the rafters but I think the motor is burned out because last time I plugged it in I got nothing.

I also have a whole houe fan in my attic that isn't use anymore. I may move it out to the garage for venting the hot air out the top.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
I have a squirrel cage fan that is mounted onto a old push mower deck with the wheels...makes it easy to move around. If you do this make sure you mount the fan sideways, i didnt and it will blow its self across the shop.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have a Dayton stand alone, works awesome, except for welding with a mig, blows the sheild gas away :duh:. It must be at least a 3' fan. Bought it at a garage sale for $15, couldnt say no!

·
Registered
478 Posts
I use a 3 speed air mover. The fans that flood restoration companies use to dry out wet carpeting and flooring. Moves a lot of air and not loud. I usually run it at the slowest speed to keep it from blowing too much dust around. It's also nice because you can have nice air movement when your laying under your junk.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts