Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling a truck to a coupla folks in PDX and wanted to make sure they'll be taken care of.

Also, they want us to relocate out there and keep telling me how many Rovers there are out there.

Briggs, Slade?

Peace,
PT

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
PTSchram said:
Selling a truck to a coupla folks in PDX and wanted to make sure they'll be taken care of.

Also, they want us to relocate out there and keep telling me how many Rovers there are out there.

Briggs, Slade?

Peace,
PT
The only official shop I know of in Portland is Ship's Mechanical Services. 503-252-5566

No web site. I don't know his e-mail.

Tell them there are lots of Rovers in Portland, you just have to call Shipman and he'll hook you up with the club, etc...

Have fun in P-town!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Rover shops in Portland

Ship's Mechanical Services. 503 252 5566 is the rover shop in Portland. Doug Shipman is the proprietor. He's in a new shop just off 122nd Avenue in NE Portland, near the airport. He's always been fair with me, and I have never been unhappy with any work I've had him and his crew do for me. And no, I get no kickbacks for referrals.

There are others that advertise the ability to work on rovers but I have no experience with them. I've only ever taken my rover to Doug when I need stuff done that is beyond my abilities. That is to say, he has seen a lot of my 109.

There's also a guy named Gord'n (no "o") Perrott in Seattle, who does very nice work, from what I have seen. I've never met him but I understand he's a good guy. If they are considering major work, they could consider dropping the truck with him, but he's a good 2.5 hours away from Portland.

Portland also has a pretty good industrial base. Lots of good suppliers. McGuire bearing, PMX (starter and alternator rebuilds) Mac's Radiator, etc....

There ARE a lot of rovers out here.

If your buyers have specific questions about Portland, you can feel free to PM me for my contact information.
Edit: Damn Slade, you are up early!

Simon

·
Registered
36 Posts
Doug Shipman has an excellent reputation and has helped out our Boise Rover club often (some members more than others!).

I know that he's gotten a buddies galvanized series frame and other required parts at very fair prices.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Doug Shipman, as noted.

Steven Schuback/Quattro sports is arround as well, but on more of a part time/project basis.

I would suggest going to a few PCRC meeetings to get a feel for the local rover offerings.

·
Battle Masher
2,245 Posts
Off topic oregon guys you guys know anyone selling a tub and frame for pretty much any rover(SI,SII,SIII)

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx fellas. When you're in PDX, be sure to order your take-away meals through Delivered Dish, the proprietors are the purchasers of a beautiful 1993 Range Rover, LWB with functioning air suspension.

Peace,
PT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts