Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off are there any shops or companies that specilize in late model 2wd long arm suspensions, if so
Who are they? I imagine they're all out of cali, just havnt had all that much time to look
So I figd I might as well ask. Just lookin for a bitchin long arm baja type set up for a 2000 tahoe limited 2wd.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Yup, most are in California and/or AZ.

GMR, Blitzkrieg Motorsports, Atomic Motorsports, Pirate Lab, SDHQ, SEVERAL garage builders would build it for you too, and many that would do a great job on it. Check out the DR link above for names, contacts, etc...

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I'm n baytown. Thirty miles east of houston

·
Registered
15 Posts
cool i'm right around the corner. what are you wanting to do with your truck? they have a few baja style races in texas. are you wanting to do anything like that? i'm building a jeepspeed xj to run in these races. its alittle slow right now, buying a house. i should start getting after it again hear shortly. i'm looking for people that would like to be a part of a race team. if that sounds good to you drop me a line.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Yup, most are in California and/or AZ.

GMR, Blitzkrieg Motorsports, Atomic Motorsports, Pirate Lab, SDHQ, SEVERAL garage builders would build it for you too, and many that would do a great job on it. Check out the DR link above for names, contacts, etc...
I would stay far, far, far, far, away from those 2, mite even be worth a 5th far, they're that hack.

GMR and Blitz are 2 of the best, neither one offers anything for a late model Tahoe, unless they're the same as a Silvy, but GM is just lame enough to make them different. Both shops do custom kits, but for what it's going to cost you could have a nice long travel Bronco.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I would stay far, far, far, far, away from those 2, mite even be worth a 5th far, they're that hack.

GMR and Blitz are 2 of the best, neither one offers anything for a late model Tahoe, unless they're the same as a Silvy, but GM is just lame enough to make them different. Both shops do custom kits, but for what it's going to cost you could have a nice long travel Bronco.
Atomic, I dont know much about, but Ive seen some of their work and it's FAR from hack. I rode in one of their Tundras at the dunes and it performed REALLY well.

Pirate Lab, people are reaming for the work Mike did on the Durango a while back. He's since rebuilt the front end, and it's a good looking, great performing rig. Not to mention the fact that their Class 1 car is doing, and will do VERY well in this coming season. Race proven work is hard to argue. He's learned a lot and his work is improving daily, as a good fabber should progress.

GMR and Blitz ARE two of, if not the best/most reputable shops in the industry, indeed. Some of the stuff that comes out of those shops are nothing short of AMAZING. Granted, it takes QUITE the wallet to get something done by either of them, but well worth it if you've got the coin.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Must be a different Atomic then, because the Atomic I'm thinking of is right on up there with the crap kings of the fab world.

Jury is still out on Pirate Lab, the Durrango was amazingly hack, and yes, they have improved since then, but I can't figure them out. Almost seems like 2 different shops, I'll see something come out of there that's just fine, then more hack fab, then a project that's 50% hack, and 50% okay. Either way, if I were going to drop some coin on a custom kit, I'd choose a shop with a 100% good track record over one that will work a little cheaper, but built an entire kit around upside-down spindles and maxed out binding heims who's current work is decent at best and hack just as often. I don't know anything about their race program, but I'm curious if they built the 1 car, or if they just drive it.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not really lookin to make it a full blown race rig, just something I can. Take down to the beach and burn through the dunes in and have a little fun with.
I was lookinat the fabtech kit but I want sumthin with a little wider stance so I knew I'd have to go custom. So would there be any companies thatwould make long arms for 97-98 chevy truck
Front?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm not really lookin to make it a full blown race rig, just something I can. Take down to the beach and burn through the dunes in and have a little fun with.
I was lookinat the fabtech kit but I want sumthin with a little wider stance so I knew I'd have to go custom. So would there be any companies thatwould make long arms for 97-98 chevy truck
Front?
Give us a call. We're on the west side of Houston. We deal with lots of race suspension companies, we can get you whatever you want. Or build it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts