Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering what others think about investments in "head turning" rides to help promote their fab shop. I'm really on the fence about throwing money at my old welding rig and turning it into a rolling billboard to help promote my brand. I know that in my time spent pipelining sometimes having a clean sharp truck was something some contractors appreciated since it shows pride in your work and the industry since most guys build their own welding beds. Just trying to see if others have had much success with the "drive your work" method

Attachments

·
Safety third!
11,374 Posts
IIRC there is a thread on here somewhere, maybe in this section, that has several awesome rigs in it but I can't remember the title.

I say go for it, if you have a standard frame length, you can always put it on another truck down the road. I do think it sells your work and tend to notice them when I see a nice custom job.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
When I was a kid local body shop had a flame painted 79 Bronco and the shops tow trucks , they always stood out . They also had the guys name on the front and back, front was " here comes Eddie" back was "there goes Eddie" that was 30-40 years ago so must have been good advertising.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
I recently tossed some simple decals on the TJ for local advertising.

Nothing major. Less than $200 in decals to show website on the sides of the hood, and large company logo on the doors. All in a reflective black. It isnt subtle, and turns some heads. :smokin:

Just in the past few weeks even in our small town it has driven some hits on the website. I see it as basically free marketing on a vehicle we are writing off most of the expenses anyhow.

So there is really no downside. Other than remembering you are in a company rig, so its advised to not drive like an ass :D

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Talk to your insurance provider before before you turn a personal vehicle into a business only vehicle.
Also watch that you don't get into a situation with dot. They have been going after landscapers and horse farms here that have a company name on truck not running dot numbers and following dot rules.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah DOT can definitely be a pain but since Im taking all the Welding equipment off and putting the stock bed on it, I don't think they will mess with me all that much

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Yeah DOT can definitely be a pain but since Im taking all the Welding equipment off and putting the stock bed on it, I don't think they will mess with me all that much
That doesn't mean anything. I'm pretty sure it's a matter of gvw regardless of the configuration. Check your state's rules and figure it out or someone with flashing lights will be happy to pull you over and let you know.

As to your original topic, I sure as hell hope so as I'm about to put in a decent amount of work on my super duty and my ram 5500 to do what you are talking about. I don't intend to put a billboard type wrap on them. There's only been a couple times that I have seen a company with that type of look to their trucks that I thought it looked remotely decent and not over the top. I prefer to keep it a bit more classy, simple ,and easy to read.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts