Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
http://www.rock4xfabrication.com/

Scott is in Winthrop Harbor, IL probably the closest you will find. He does awesome work, I have a buildup started in the toy section if you want to check it out. He is on offroadfabnet.com alot, you may have better luck getting ahold of him there.

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I should have explained. a good friend is moving to Madison because his wife is very sick and will be getting treatment there. He's a fabricator, 4x4, hotrod, type of guy. I'm trying to help him out by finding a shop or place that might need some help in that area so he can get to work as soon as possible. Thanks guys.

·
Vendor
4,132 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend's wife. I'm an hour south west, but not looking for help at the moment, sorry. I think Scott and I are going to be about your best bet. There is guy in Rockford that races off road, but I don't think he builds anything other than his own stuff. I hear he has a really nice shop though. Can't remember his name off hand.

SLIIIIM Pickins I bet. Not much around here that I know of or heard about.
I'm closer to CR than you probably think. I have local drive in customers from farther than there.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I think your friend may have better luck looking for employment at a race car chassis shop in the Madison area. Stock car racing dominates all motor sports in this area, especially with Nascar success of a few WI racers.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
The stock car deal gets my vote. Lots bigger than wheeling related fab.

As for real fab stuff, I never saw any places during my time at school there. Y'all stopped at the only shop I was aware of that was even remotely offroad when you did the XJ stuff a couple UA's ago.

Most stuff is big, bolt on and domestic around that area. Lots of good farm kids immediately outside of Madison. In particular, Madison doesn't embrace anything that may be heterosexual, fun or using a motor outside.

Good luck to your friend and his wife. The staff at the UW Hospitals are top notch, both the docs and the support staff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts