Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Short arm Jeep? Must read!

First, sorry, no pics...YET

But best thing I've done on my TJ recently is replaced the front LCA mounts with T&T Customs' TnT Customs: HD High Clearance Lower Control Arm Axle Mounts
Put their shock mounts on as well and boom, 4in short arm lift with near factory geometry. Jeep drives so much better and should do better over rocks (keep ya posted).

Few notes until I can get pics...
-moves lower mount bolt up 1.5-2inches
-leave the spring bucket alone, everything else gets cut off the back, so torch would be helpful.
-adj control arms a must to correct wheelbase and caster
-mount is flush with the bottom of the tube so ground clearance increases too.

Awesome setup if you're going to stay short arm.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I hate products advertised like that, with a picture of 2 brackets or even worse solid-works designs on a blank background.

show us a picture of it installed so I can get an idea of exactly where it goes and what it does!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
y2knole:18138217 said:
I hate products advertised like that, with a picture of 2 brackets or even worse solid-works designs on a blank background.

show us a picture of it installed so I can get an idea of exactly where it goes and what it does!
Knew I would be flamed for it. The link is just to show what/where to get em. Have you lost imagination? Using the notes, you should be able to figure it out. (If nothing else, take my word, put this on, and the LCA angle is improved dramatically)
But again, my apology for lack of visual aid. I'll get em up this afternoon.
I was just so happy with the results, wanted to get the word out, ASAP.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Knew I would be flamed for it. The link is just to show what/where to get em. Have you lost imagination? Using the notes, you should be able to figure it out. (If nothing else, take my word, put this on, and the LCA angle is improved dramatically)
But again, my apology for lack of visual aid. I'll get em up this afternoon.
I was just so happy with the results, wanted to get the word out, ASAP.
sorry, not flaming you...

you arent responsibile for selling their product. aimed at the manufacturers. I have some imagination, but I wanna see it in practice, not in my head...

edit: and glad it worked out for ya, thanks for sharing your experience!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, yeah I hear ya. These mounts sat in my garage for 9mos because I didn't know what I was missing out on.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Btw, screwed up on this set, anyway.
Because I didn't replace the shock mounts, had to angle them down a tad and was a PIA to make work.
Will add the shock mounts later, and at $25, might just redo the whole thing.

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,549 Posts
Who? Link?
Off the top of my head Poly Performance, my axle has RE brackets that look like that and Ruffstuff makes a similar bracket.

Hardly groundbreaking.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts