Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently runng a small block in my jeep with shorty headers, but i bought a set of brodix aluminum angle plug heads and i read that shorty headers wont clear the plugs.... So does anyone know where I can get some that will clear or can the regular ones be modified to work ? I really dont want to re-do my exhaust so i may sell them when I get them back form the head shop...

Thanks
Richard

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I run the same sanderson headers with my angle plug heads. The headers are high quality. Gasketless to the head. The only tough part is the collector flanges because one of the back bolts against the block can be hard to get to if you have some bigger motor mounts (spring eye bushings on mine), They wont rotate much so it is hard to get anything but a wedged flat hed screw driver to hold the back bolt.

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
Mock it up and check it out. My shortys would have more clearance if I had angle plug heads.

I too will be running Sanderson's on my new SBC. I currently have the 1-3/4". but when I bolted them up to my head on the flow bench. they choked it by 45CFM. I might try the 1-7/8"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.