Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my '89 Toyota on e-bay. It was a pretty sweet truck, with coil suspension and stuff. I wheeled the hell out of that truck for years, dented it to hell, jumped it occasionally, ran over a station wagon, hydro-locked it a few times, and just basically beat the hell out of it. Well, here is the e-bay listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2400897203

I don't feel bad that I sold the truck for $3700, because when I sold it, it was in good working condition. I feel bad because the guy is truning it in to a FAWKIN SHOW TRUCK!:rainbow:

HE IS TURNING IT IN TO A GOD DAMN SHOW TRUCK!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Don't worry thats because you have those :rainbow: Thornbirds on it (at least in that picture). That must mean it was intended to be a show truck. Thats all there good for. It is awfully clean for a truck that's been pounded on. Makes me worder? Maybe it deserves to be a show truck.:D

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sold it with 35" SX's. I knew I should not have posted a picture with Thornbirds. Don't turn this into a Thornbirds suck thread.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Why'd ya sell it, looks like a fun toy to me (no pun intended!) :flipoff2: anyone that builds a "show" truck is gay in my book regardless :flipoff2:

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried to sell it locally for $3500, and had no takers after 3 months. So I was very happy with $3700.

I sold it because I have my '86 Toy, and a Willys. I really don't like the long wheelbase of the X-cab, but it could have been a sweet truck with another transfer case, and some longfields.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Why couldnt you live closer you dirty bastard I would'a bought it for that.
what coils were on the front ?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
THE OFFICIAL THORNBIRDS SUCK THREAD!
Post your real feelings about stuckbirds here!
hahahaha
Sorry I just had to.
:D

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
If you would have posted that on this board 3 months ago i would have picked it up and paid shipping to ca and i would of wheeled it!Bah. I saw you post on e-bay awhile ago and cried when it was only at 1700 or somin like..

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SeaBass44 said:
HOW ABOUT YOY FEEL BAD FOR NOT POSTING THIS IN CHIT CHAT WHERE IT BELONGS?
Well the forum is "Toyota Truck and 4Runner TALK".

I see your point though.

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
Is it semi thrashed underneath? I have a feeling when the new owner takes a look at it, will realize that the truck isnt show quality, and will be a PITA to turn into a show truck.. but who knows. From the looks of it, someone really did spend alot of time on my 4 runner, looks like it may have been one of those 80's show trucks with a 4" lift and 33". Heck, i have a feeling it has the same front springs.. just now i dont know of a single body pannel that isnt dented in. It feels REAL good.

Garrett

·
Registered
477 Posts
jesse i'm not sure why you sold it...what is your daily driver?

yeah a michigan truck being turned into a show truck seems stupid with all the salt damage and shit...

·
Registered
398 Posts
Thats really cheap! A truck like that would probably fetch $7-8000 USD up here easily - even if its beat up. People will ask, and get, $3-3500 USD for an 81-83 T truck in good running condition, basic lift, basic 4x tires and gears. I'm one of those people who calls after a few weeks to see if I can get a deal. The scary part is people ask those prices and they sell!!!! Either that or people are just attention whores and just want people calling about their trucks. A third gen truck like that with those mods, $13,000+ CAD easily.

Oh Canada, our home and native .....

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The guy already saw the truck, and gave me a deposit. It doesn't have a rusty body or frame so that is good for him, but I swear to God everything underneath the truck is bent. Even the driveshafts have dent in them. I don't know how he is going to make it a show truck.

That truck has not been my daily driver for a few year. I typically drive some piece of shit Chevy that I pick up for a few hundred bucks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts