Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found i think to be a 1978 ford F-150. it has everything there still, and the ony thing that is wrong with the thing is that there was a fire under the dash. its a 4x4, i think it has a running 351, but needs work, and then the rear axle is 8 lug and the front is 5 lug? why would that be and then the final question, i'm getting it for 400 and then i want to part it out do you think it would be worth it?i think so cause the body is in desant shape and everything can be parted out let me know what you think because i'm a jeep guy and don't really know much about the f-150 of that year.thx.

·
Premium Member
19,779 Posts
The front is a D44, figure about 200 if you sell it
the rear, could be a 60 (popular swap) maybe 75$
The rest is hit and miss, not many people are looking for those body parts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welndmn said:
The front is a D44, figure about 200 if you sell it
the rear, could be a 60 (popular swap) maybe 75$
The rest is hit and miss, not many people are looking for those body parts
yeah but the front has coils does that mean that you can still sell it for a good price i though these things where shit even though they are a hp.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
those front ends do go for a bit of $$ around here anyways.. they're the shit for anyone with a F150 ttb or Bronco ttb to go to a straight axle front. They pretty much only get a somewhat bad rap becuase they got fairly thin walls in the axle tubes.

hell.. you can sell the knuckles/spindle/brakes to a lot of EB guys to go to disc brakes also.. Thats 200-300 right there (to some people).

So.. If it's got an 8 lug in the rear, it's been swapped in place of the 9" that was there originally. Probably a D60, they all bolted in place of each other.

The engine ain't worth shit.
The body on the other hand, if the cab is in good condition (didn't catch where you live) could get ya a few hundred bucks to someone in the midwest trying to fix up their rotted out one.
(edit: ahh.. I see your in cali. it's probably cost more to ship it to someone in the midwest than you could sell it for)
Either has a np203 or np205 t case.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i hope its got a 205 and a np435 cause i could use that for my swap in my jeep when i put the 5.0 in.

how come the motor is shit?my friend says he would buy it and put it in his 93 mustang lx, you think it would work?

·
Registered
309 Posts
sure it will work with lots of mods I know some who did a 351m/400 swap into a 86 mustang and finished it I personally would not waste my time with that motor and the amount of work but if your buddy wants to buy the engine and swap it in I say sell it to him engine complete if it runs prolly worth $200.00

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
90wrangler said:
i hope its got a 205 and a np435 cause i could use that for my swap in my jeep when i put the 5.0 in.

how come the motor is shit?my friend says he would buy it and put it in his 93 mustang lx, you think it would work?
I can't see why you'd wanna put a M block in a fox.. talk about heavy for one. It's like putting a 460 on it without any of it's displacement! It's also a physically LARGE engine. I mean it dwarfs a 302/351W. And on top of that, they're not exactly cheap to get power out of.. Yea, it can be done, sometimes cheaply.. (your either gunna have to invest in pistons, or aussie heads to get anything more than ~8:1 comp.. ).. So the question is more of.. Why would ya bother? Put the same amount of money in a 302 stroker or even a 351W/ 351W stroker and be happier.

Don't get me wrong.. the M blocks do good in trucks.. a lot better when you got decent compression ratio.. (and a new cam).. I just won't waste my time with one again. If I come across one i need to rebuild, it's getting junked and a 460 is going in instead.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is it possiable that the motor is a 351w, what did the come with?

·
Premium Member
3,960 Posts
while it is possible its a 351W, it would have been swapped in there. Although it should be easy to tell the difference, just by looking at the valve covers.

If it is a W, then it might be worth something, but the M... well... swing by the marina, and see if anyone is looking for a new anchor.

·
Registered
309 Posts
easy way to tell is all 351 cleveland and M series have their thermostat housing in the block hence a dry intake manifold
302 and 351w has the thermostat housing in the intake hence wet manifold
more then likely it is a M series that what came stock in the truck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts