Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was doing the ol' Craigslist surf and came across this
horse trailer

Guy said he'd be interested in trading for my useless to me 12'x5' gooseneck since it would fit his little bobcat.

Plans would be to chop the back and use the scrap metal to purchase the materials to flat deck the back. Should I do it? I'll be hauling my chopped up cherokee on full widths and 37's. I figure if I can haul it on a little 3500lb dual axle bumper pull I can pull it on that. Any info would be great! And any links to other build ups would be great, although I've seen just about all of them on here and on Hardline. Thanks!

·
Registered
12,231 Posts
Id trade regardless, clean it up a bit and trade it for exactly what you want.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Trade for that shit. But you might want to reinforce the frame after you chop it, a lot of horse trailers are built like a unibody, and rely on the whole structure to keep everything strong and rigid. A four horse trailer will have good enough axles for what you will be using it for though.

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
X's 7, I would trade and then either trade or sell to end up with what you want. Like its been said horse trailers are a unibody type structure, you will end up wishing you would have just started from scratch. There is an old thread on here where a guy wanted to do something like this, but it had living quarters in the front. He ended up selling it to fund something else.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picking it up this week! Already have someone interested in buying it for 4k so I'm going to sell it and buy a 25-30ft flatbed goose.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Planned to pick it up today. Got a call from the guy last night informing me he had sold it even though he told me to go pick it up. So stuck with the little pos still

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Flatbed Trailer

Found this thing. Guy said it used to be a camper that he turned into a flatbed. He said it has 8000 pound axles but I'm pretty sure those are 6000 pound axles. Probably going to trade with him. What do y'all think?

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
6 lug axles are usually 5k axles, though could be 6k.

Maybe just the photo, but it looks bent?

Either way $950 is cheap. Hell can barely get a used beat to crap single axle utility trailer for that around here :laughing:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts