Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Situeation.. I wanted a car to throw people in and something that would be a bit more comfortably them my truck, I came across a 95 4 runner 90k miles, salvaged 2wd which is immac. It belonged to some old lady who went off the Hwy in to a ditch and the only reason it is salvaged is because the front suspension brackets are bent, frame bent a hair. So I planend to so a SAS on it anyways (also changes the stress points since the frame has already been bent)but after pulling on it a bit and checking it out with the levels it is not nearly as bad as i thought.

I already have all the brackets, shackles, towers, geared 488 front and rear (85 front axel already rebuilt w/488's)n tranny, t case and drivelines.

all i need are springs, steering and front shocks

so what would you do?:rasta: :rasta:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Me too

I am doing this too! I found a 91 2wd pu for $500 (Blown head gasket, fixed the night I got it). I have a 4wd tranny, t-case, drivelines, crossmember. I plan on buying the axles and lift, and steering. This is going to be a fun project and pictures will definately be posted with every step. Good luck with yours! I think the 2wd SAS is the best and most affordable way to go.

Nick

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sounds a bit like a rhetorical question. If this is a DD, leave it as a DD. Sell the parts for your SAS and put it into the fixing the bent frame etc. etc. Don't SAS something that you plan on hauling people to parties with, sounds like a waste o' money to me. If you plan on wheeling it, then do an SAS. If not, save your money

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Get it! I have a '95 4Runner DD, its comfy :D

I'd say to leave it 2WD, except a 2WD 4Runner is VERY :rainbow: Probably worth the SAS just so you don't have to listen to crap from people. Plus, you CA folks gotta have a stylin' jacked ride just to cruise, right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts